adding the Lampizator SE GG to the Trinity dac

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Mike, have you tried the 300bs yet? I prefer the 101d replicas you are using on orchestral, for detail, dynamics, and stage, but they are a bit rougher for vocals and chamber where 300b (or 45s might sound better).

The GG takes a while to get going because of the caps in the supply (possibly even 6 months ;))

At the levels you play at, you need to get the WE original 274b, 101d, and 300b

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA
Good Intentions

The following statement is praise & complimentary; said in advance in case someone tries to twist the good intentions:

Are you truly one person that is getting all these components set-up properly & evaluated, or do you split into 3 or more people when alone with your equipment?

zz.

Violetmachan

Feb 25, 2012
hi mike

looks like Christmas came early!.......way to go mike....looks stunning!,

"CHANGES"....looks like one major set of changes.....presume the playback designs is now a back burner in the digital domain!!

I am sure once all the changes come to play ....will be interesting to hear your views and reviews on your new preamp

I am sure your enjoying every bit of the music especially after a long wait

still enjoying music
Sam

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Mike

I can understand why you took the week off. Kudos to you my friend

Is that the PD MPS-5 under your turntable? I ask because it looks darker than normal color

that is my new server based on the CAPSv4 Pipeline server project, it's most closely like the Lampizator Komputer

I did add the Teradak ATX275 LPS for the Mobo (sitting behind the dart power supply and the NVS power supply on that lower shelf) and the Uptone JS-2 LPS for the JCat USB card and the Regen (under that same shelf).....which are both enhancements to eliminate any SMPS's in the server.

the MPS-5 is still a great sounding piece. it's in the hallway.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Looking good Mike. I'll have to get over there and give it a listen!

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
What are you using to spin disks or aren't you ;)

discs are for ripping. ;)

I've set up a ripping station for either single discs quickly or up to 50 discs at a time with my Kodak loader. if a visitor wants to hear their disc I can rip them quickly and listen.

I do still have 1500 CD's left to rip.....after the 1500 I did a few weeks back. I have a co-worker who can rip SACD's if need be overnight anytime for me. I likely have a few hundred of my 1200 or so SACD's which I don't have dsd files for.

so I'm 'disc-less' in the room. I do still own the MPS-5 so can use that if need be for some reason.

the server train has left the station for digital music, time to jump on.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Bravo Mike! - but perhaps you should have taken a full month off to drt up and listen to the new equipment. :) Did you have any special reason to buy the SE GG, not the balanced one?

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Dart is not a balanced design.

Mike: wow, just WOW.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Epic system! Many congrats - Golden Gate will bring endless musical pleasure that is a cert!

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Very interested to hear your thoughts on the new version of your Dart preamp and how it improves over the previous version, especially the line stage section. Looking forward to your updates over the coming weeks. In the meantime, happy listening!

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Best of the best!!!

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
Congrats! Does your GG have PCM? If have PCM, how does it compare to Trinity?

GG definitely needs break in. The sound is ordinary The first day I got GG. However, it improves tremendously when the capacitors start breaking in.

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Absolutely a room and setup without peer --Kudos indeed!-- and envy here unmitigated!:p

BruceD

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing