Introducing the New HiFi Miser Forum-As discussed by Andre Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew_stenhouse

Oct 26, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I have seen a number of personal attacks on Blizzard and have been very impressed at how patient he has been.

Seems it's fair game to have a go at some members.....

I disagree Whatmore.

No one is having a go at Blizzard; they are merely asking him to chill out by a factor of about 1000. He seems incapable of understanding that less is, in his case, very much more.

There isn't any great conspiracy here.

And from where I sit, and from reading this forum for a few years from time to time, Amir takes great delight in lobbing in a grenade or two and watching what happens. He is, to my observation, one of the world's great sh&t stirrers, adept at mischaracterising posts for his own purposes, and creating a problem where none exists, or taking a small issue and turning it into World War III. Why he does so is beyond me, I assume because he enjoys the chaos, and probably thinks he is the smartest guy in the room. He may be. I couldn't care less. It is, I feel, tiresome. Firing up Blizzard is pathognomonic of the man, sadly.

In my view Amir should just set up his own forum, or a sub-forum here, where he can do whatever he likes. Mind you, that would probably take the fun out of it.

Blizzard

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
I disagree Whatmore.

No one is having a go at Blizzard; they are merely asking him to chill out by a factor of about 1000. He seems incapable of understanding that less is, in his case, very much more.

There isn't any great conspiracy here.

And from where I sit, and from reading this forum for a few years from time to time, Amir takes great delight in lobbing in a grenade or two and watching what happens. He is, to my observation, one of the world's great sh&t stirrers, adept at mischaracterising posts for his own purposes, and creating a problem where none exists, or taking a small issue and turning it into World War III. Why he does so is beyond me, I assume because he enjoys the chaos, and probably thinks he is the smartest guy in the room. He may be. I couldn't care less. It is, I feel, tiresome. Firing up Blizzard is pathognomonic of the man, sadly.

In my view Amir should just set up his own forum, or a sub-forum here, where he can do whatever he likes. Mind you, that would probably take the fun out of it.

So you just come blasting out of nowhere to the forum. Haven't contributed anything whatsoever worth reading. Right off the bat have an issue with people. Now after 53 posts your acting like you run the show, telling Amir he should apologize to Mike, and now this?

Something isn't right with you. Your obviously somebody's friend with an agenda. Why should you even care?

There's a lot of things going on around here that just don't smell right. I think Amir should seek that advice and branch off on his own. In my experience partnerships rarely work anyways.

Have you ever gone for a walk through a dog park. Then once you get back in your car notice a slight odor of dog sh..? Chances are you stepped in dog sh.. You don't need to pull off your shoe and examine it to verify.

Last edited:

andrew_stenhouse

Oct 26, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Please take this in good spirit - it is intended that way

So you just come blasting out of nowhere to the forum. Haven't contributed anything whatsoever worth reading. Right off the bat have an issue with people. Now after 53 posts your acting like you run the show, telling Amir he should apologize to Mike, and now this?

Something isn't right with you. Your obviously somebody's friend with an agenda. Why should you even care?

There's a lot of things going on around here that just don't smell right. I think Amir should seek that advice and branch off on his own. In my experience partnerships rarely work anyways.

Have you ever gone for a walk through a dog park. Then once you get back in your car notice a slight odor of dog sh..? Chances are you stepped in dog sh.. You don't need to pull off your shoe and examine it to verify.

No, no agenda Blizzard. Nor anyone's friend here, in particular. No allegiances or alliances. Nothing like that. Nothing "smells" as you put it - that is just paranoic.

I am actually a very ordinary fellow who enjoys the hobby, loves his music (mainly classical - baroque, classical and early romantic; and jazz from swing through to hard bop) and enjoys learning from those with interests and experiences that align with mine. And I (generally) enjoy the company of the people I meet. Even the Americans (that was a joke btw) :)

I tend to also not be afraid to call things as I see them, perhaps borne of some insight into the human condition. I have seen alot of life, had more than a few ups and downs, as one does, and try (sometimes without success) to maintain some degree of equanimity these days.

I reject that I have been "blasting" as you put it, indelicately.

Amir. Yes, well. He is like any other member, co founder or not. We all have equal voice, and whether 53 posts of 53,000 posts, our conduct and posts reflect our character and personal dignity.

I don't care for trolling - or the deliberate inflammation of others (whether they are aware of it or not). In my judgement Amir does this regularly, but very cleverly. He is adept at taking one issue and turning it into another, then rolling it into a third. In the other thread where I proffered my views and in which you also participated, Amir turned a (seemingly endless) dispute with Mike, into a "in what way should this forum be run" public appeal, then into "should we allow certain interest groups to censor free debate" - all the while dragging in others to a (completely mischaracterised) discussion that was essentially private between him and Mike, but which he appears to love playing out in public.

I observe Amir likes to bait people; the people that will always rise to the bait he holds out, every time. And when they do, up he pops saying how they are/he is perfectly entitled to challenge the tech, just not the person or violate the TOS. When of course he is in fact provoking the person endlessly, usually by the proxy of unwitting accomplices. And for what purpose exactly? I have no idea.

Anyways I sincerely hope Amir stops it for the sake of this forum - it has lost some really decent people and will lose many more unless it stops. But I don't see that happening. Amir like you, is obviously an incredibly intelligent man. Unlike you he is also a very skilled negotiator, a very adept man who knows how to manipulate others for his own purposes and a reasonably articulate man. Amir is someone who, I feel, plays a game here for his own amusement, or perhaps because he always has to "win", whatever winning is, and whatever the cost. Much, my dear, like what I perceive drives you.

Perhaps I am completely wrong in this, in which case I apologise unreservedly to both Amir, and you. But I do not think so.

I do know that you feel the need to be noticed and heard, and above all validated. I get that. Nothing wrong with that. We all like to be noticed, hopefully positively. But perhaps the way to gain the respect you seek is to learn that what you don't say is often as important as what you do say, both in life and in these little online communities.

Now onto the personal jibes - I usually don't bother answering these, but perhaps can offer some small insight.

I agree I have a low post count, certainly compared to yours, in much the same period of membership, mainly because I am sensitive to other people's feelings, and don't wish to post, unless I think can add value or wish to ask a question. These days I try to post positively, and not speak in conclusive statements. Or attempt to.

I also have a busy life outside the hobby - work, family and a few other interests. So posting isn't a priority. That said, I take issue that I have not contributed anything positive here. Even thanking a fellow member for posting his system, and congratulating him on it, is a positive contribution. People post their systems because they worked hard to get it where it is and they want to share that passion with others. I am grateful they took the time and trouble to do so. Thanking them is a polite acknowledgement of that. Expressing admiration also makes others feel good. It is not all about discussing the conceptual advantages of i2s over USB. Emotional intelligence is just as important as someone's technical knowledge - indeed much more so.

So you know, I limit my posting on internet forums mainly to Stereonet, in Australia. You can see my posting there. You will find me under my own name, as here. This is a deliberate approach to make me personally accountable for my online activity. I commend it to all, which is why I invited you to so do a few days ago. I rather think there would be alot less fuss on online forums if everyone did much the same. But of course such a thing is entirely voluntary.

I really hope you take the opportunity offered here, not by me, but by everyone else. No one is saying you should leave, or should not post, or contribute freely. What, I suggest, is the message, is this: slow down, take a breath, consider the impact of what you wish to say on others, accept that everyone isn't as focused as you, and may have a counterpoint view that is valid, at least to them. It doesn't matter if they are right or wrong and whether what they are saying makes sense to you or not. They also wish to be heard, listened to and validated. Above all else, let someone else have the last word from time to time. Conversations are not unilateral statements of belief to be championed and defended at all costs. Life is not a never ending argument, relentlessly played over and over, again and again, where one seeks to prove how one is the smartest person in the online room. Whether you are or not, it is not a way to make friends. And friends are important. Perhaps you might consider saying, from time to time, "you know I don't agree with you about [insert topic de jour], and don't accept what you say, but thanks for the discussion and perhaps we can just agree to differ", instead of going on a fatwah against the individual or concept he believes in, until you, or he, ultimately leaves.

I leave you with this: continually upping the ante (for instance as you just did here) can only end one way. It is not the way forward.

Be well my friend. I am not your enemy; no one here is. And please stop being played for the fool. Amir is, in my submission, encouraging you for his own purposes, not yours. They almost certainly do not align, despite what you may understand to be the case. But again, perhaps I tilt at windmills. But perhaps not.

Last edited:

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Blizz,

I hope you don't leave, I don't want to following you here from CA then to follow you to other forum, as you are very knowledgeable guy but your inter personal skills need to improve. I saying this with good intention as I had pm you for source transport advice based on sd card and hope continue to learn from you. I don't believe you can't see it yourself since your avatar shows you get yourself very lovely lady (salute!), you shouldn't that insufferable as what they said.

As said they don't have issue with your knowledge sharing but your style. For eq, if I invite you to my child birthday party, and the first thing comes out of your mouth is how stupid ugly my boy looks and better don't smile, then you will get punched straight on the face. But if you said my boy is lovely but why not bring him to see dentist to fix those crooked teeth, then I may thank you very much. But the intention is the same. I am simple person so only can paint simple scenario.

On lighter note, if you wanna know how your communication style looks like, you can watch a great movie "As Good As Its Get" by Jack Nicholson. Brilliant story.

Peace! :)

+1

Blizz

You have no idea how much your knowledge is valued by many ... But just slow the pace that's all we' re asking and the tone could be more gentle .. That is all we're asking you. Your contributions are most needed as you would find me repeating nothing is more boring than congrats threads ... But keep in mind this Chinese proverb (or so I think) "Too far to the East is the West"

Groucho

Aug 18, 2012
UK
OK. I have finally reached the point where I have to mention it:

"your" and "you're"

If we can't get that right...

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Good morning, gentlemen. Let's get back to the topic of the thread as we have veered off the beaten path once again.

Tom

andrew_stenhouse

Oct 26, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Good morning, gentlemen. Let's get back to the topic of the thread as we have veered off the beaten path once again.

Tom

Dear Tom

Good morning. We haven't been introduced yet. Pleasure to meet you.

Apologies if I was off the tarmac a tad too far..the topic has been somewhat assimilated into another as it has gone along. But I get your point.

I shall quietly withdraw now, in any event. No need for my voice to be heard again here.

Apologies @Groucho - I'm not sure my "your" and "you're", are correct. I didn't fancy proof reading the epistle I just wrote. Life is too short mate.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
Pleasure to meet you as well, sir. Please understand that I wasn't pointing fingers. My intentions are to get the thread back on track sir. That's all. Thanks.

Tom

andrew_stenhouse

Oct 26, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Please call me Andrew. In Australia we never use "Sir"; It goes against our common criminal ancestry and entrenched belief in egalitarian society, fiction though it may well now be. Although I appreciate and understand the courtesy you extend. Thank you

Yes, I understood entirely the purpose of the reminder, and please feel free to point a finger at me if you feel it is at any time warranted. Occasionally I stray, and benefit from being reminded not to. Poetic licence taken too far.

Mind you, I am not sure what track this thread is actually on at this point - a search and rescue team with GPS would have trouble finding where it started now. It may perhaps be time to shut up shop on this one and call it a mercy killing. I have a feeling further discussion may prove circular, and unhelpful.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Please call me Andrew. In Australia we never use "Sir"; It goes against our common criminal ancestry and entrenched belief in egalitarian society, fiction though it may well now be. Although I appreciate and understand the courtesy you extend. Thank you

Yes, I understood entirely the purpose of the reminder, and please feel free to point a finger at me if you feel it is at any time warranted. Occasionally I stray, and benefit from being reminded not to. Poetic licence taken too far.

Mind you, I am not sure what track this thread is actually on at this point - a search and rescue team with GPS would have trouble finding where it started now. It may perhaps be time to shut up shop on this one and call it a mercy killing. I have a feeling further discussion may prove circular, and unhelpful.

Hello Andrew - I'll second that.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
Andrew it is then. I will wait for the management team to chime in to see what their thoughts are on closing the thread. Until then, let's all try to stay on topic. ;)

Tom

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
No, no agenda Blizzard. Nor anyone's friend here, in particular. No allegiances or alliances. Nothing like that. Nothing "smells" as you put it - that is just paranoic.

I am actually a very ordinary fellow who enjoys the hobby, loves his music (mainly classical - baroque, classical and early romantic; and jazz from swing through to hard bop) and enjoys learning from those with interests and experiences that align with mine. And I (generally) enjoy the company of the people I meet. Even the Americans (that was a joke btw) :)

I tend to also not be afraid to call things as I see them, perhaps borne of some insight into the human condition. I have seen alot of life, had more than a few ups and downs, as one does, and try (sometimes without success) to maintain some degree of equanimity these days.

I reject that I have been "blasting" as you put it, indelicately.

Amir. Yes, well. He is like any other member, co founder or not. We all have equal voice, and whether 53 posts of 53,000 posts, our conduct and posts reflect our character and personal dignity.

I don't care for trolling - or the deliberate inflammation of others (whether they are aware of it or not). In my judgement Amir does this regularly, but very cleverly. He is adept at taking one issue and turning it into another, then rolling it into a third. In the other thread where I proffered my views and in which you also participated, Amir turned a (seemingly endless) dispute with Mike, into a "in what way should this forum be run" public appeal, then into "should we allow certain interest groups to censor free debate" - all the while dragging in others to a (completely mischaracterised) discussion that was essentially private between him and Mike, but which he appears to love playing out in public.

I observe Amir likes to bait people; the people that will always rise to the bait he holds out, every time. And when they do, up he pops saying how they are/he is perfectly entitled to challenge the tech, just not the person or violate the TOS. When of course he is in fact provoking the person endlessly, usually by the proxy of unwitting accomplices. And for what purpose exactly? I have no idea.

Anyways I sincerely hope Amir stops it for the sake of this forum - it has lost some really decent people and will lose many more unless it stops. But I don't see that happening. Amir like you, is obviously an incredibly intelligent man. Unlike you he is also a very skilled negotiator, a very adept man who knows how to manipulate others for his own purposes and a reasonably articulate man. Amir is someone who, I feel, plays a game here for his own amusement, or perhaps because he always has to "win", whatever winning is, and whatever the cost. Much, my dear, like what I perceive drives you.

Perhaps I am completely wrong in this, in which case I apologise unreservedly to both Amir, and you. But I do not think so.

I do know that you feel the need to be noticed and heard, and above all validated. I get that. Nothing wrong with that. We all like to be noticed, hopefully positively. But perhaps the way to gain the respect you seek is to learn that what you don't say is often as important as what you do say, both in life and in these little online communities.

Now onto the personal jibes - I usually don't bother answering these, but perhaps can offer some small insight.

I agree I have a low post count, certainly compared to yours, in much the same period of membership, mainly because I am sensitive to other people's feelings, and don't wish to post, unless I think can add value or wish to ask a question. These days I try to post positively, and not speak in conclusive statements. Or attempt to.

I also have a busy life outside the hobby - work, family and a few other interests. So posting isn't a priority. That said, I take issue that I have not contributed anything positive here. Even thanking a fellow member for posting his system, and congratulating him on it, is a positive contribution. People post their systems because they worked hard to get it where it is and they want to share that passion with others. I am grateful they took the time and trouble to do so. Thanking them is a polite acknowledgement of that. Expressing admiration also makes others feel good. It is not all about discussing the conceptual advantages of i2s over USB. Emotional intelligence is just as important as someone's technical knowledge - indeed much more so.

So you know, I limit my posting on internet forums mainly to Stereonet, in Australia. You can see my posting there. You will find me under my own name, as here. This is a deliberate approach to make me personally accountable for my online activity. I commend it to all, which is why I invited you to so do a few days ago. I rather think there would be alot less fuss on online forums if everyone did much the same. But of course such a thing is entirely voluntary.

I really hope you take the opportunity offered here, not by me, but by everyone else. No one is saying you should leave, or should not post, or contribute freely. What, I suggest, is the message, is this: slow down, take a breath, consider the impact of what you wish to say on others, accept that everyone isn't as focused as you, and may have a counterpoint view that is valid, at least to them. It doesn't matter if they are right or wrong and whether what they are saying makes sense to you or not. They also wish to be heard, listened to and validated. Above all else, let someone else have the last word from time to time. Conversations are not unilateral statements of belief to be championed and defended at all costs. Life is not a never ending argument, relentlessly played over and over, again and again, where one seeks to prove how one is the smartest person in the online room. Whether you are or not, it is not a way to make friends. And friends are important. Perhaps you might consider saying, from time to time, "you know I don't agree with you about [insert topic de jour], and don't accept what you say, but thanks for the discussion and perhaps we can just agree to differ", instead of going on a fatwah against the individual or concept he believes in, until you, or he, ultimately leaves.

I leave you with this: continually upping the ante (for instance as you just did here) can only end one way. It is not the way forward.

Be well my friend. I am not your enemy; no one here is. And please stop being played for the fool. Amir is, in my submission, encouraging you for his own purposes, not yours. They almost certainly do not align, despite what you may understand to be the case. But again, perhaps I tilt at windmills. But perhaps not.

..Andrew...not sir, just plain Andrew...thanks for adding a bit of sanity and in a very well written manner I might add. Your...check that..you're da man...heh heh

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing