Received Alya this week. Sad to see they discontinued it.

Windows X

Feb 28, 2011
www.fidelizer-audio.com
I tried searching for a place to purchase Rockport Alya for about half a year because my room has only 4 meters for depth. Since they no longer sell a new product, I have to gamble from 2nd market den. Luckily, I found a pair from France's distrubutor branch called Fusion Acoustic. If something goes wrong, I trust they'll handle it well as Rockport's distributor. It arrived here on Monday and I've been burning it for about 50hrs now.

So far, it sounds really great. I steeled my heart for smaller scale sound and with some loss of lower frequencies to produce full sound like Mira II/Ankaa model I used to own. Unexpectedly, they handle the lower frequencies very good despite being so small with only 6.5 inch driver. The driver can't handle low frequency at high volume like above -20db from preamp on track 8 'Demagnetizing Fade' of XLO Reference CD. However, it doesn't affect real songs I heard so far.

I heard a lot of bad news about this pair from a few places but I have faith in Andy that he didn't disappoint me in previous models. So it can't really be that bad for him to make price no objective speakers for small room. I assumed most people who heard Alya poorly may not have enough powerhouse amplifier. Alya has only 85db sensitivity so it actually requires more watts than most speakers out there. I'm driving Rockport with Karan 600 with 1000W@4ohm and I couldn't be happier with it.

Rockport Alya is really specialized product. It's very small yet requires powerful amplifier to drive it. I saw a lot of people I know and many pics from community with a large pair of speakers in small room. I hope some days people would try to buy the right product. There's no way they get can the best out from over-sized speakers. I've been with Mira II/Ankaa for a few years and I learnt it in a long way that I can't beat physics.

If you want to make a big system in small room, you couldn't be happier with Rockport Alya. I heard a few speakers utilizing beryllium driver and aluminum baffle. Alya does terrafic job. It made me forget to nit-pick of hits and misses.

2015_1006_01274300.jpg

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats...am a huge fan of Rockport. And with voicing from Gryphon Class A amps...you pretty much have that your massive Karan Class A amp. Thanks for sharing.

I can imagine its a fantastic combination. I have heard 2 generations of Rockports (one much older than the 2 current speakers i have heard...Merak Sheritan II...and Altair 2 and Arrakis (latest with active crossover))...and i have always been enthralled. Enjoy.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
I have to say congrats also ! While I haven't heard your Alya's I've heard most of the current generation Rockports. Just a incredible beauty in each model...glad you are happy !!

Windows X

Feb 28, 2011
www.fidelizer-audio.com
Thank you, everyone. I actually planned to visit my parents on the day I received Alya but I received a call to retrieve speakers on that day so I decided to postpone a few days listening to this gem first. From my past experiences listening all Rockport models except Arrakis, my all time's favorite is Ankaa. And I have to say the performance of Alya is beyond my expectations.

David

Aug 11, 2012
I tried searching for a place to purchase Rockport Alya for about half a year because my room has only 4 meters for depth. Since they no longer sell a new product, I have to gamble from 2nd market den. Luckily, I found a pair from France's distrubutor branch called Fusion Acoustic. If something goes wrong, I trust they'll handle it well as Rockport's distributor. It arrived here on Monday and I've been burning it for about 50hrs now.

So far, it sounds really great. I steeled my heart for smaller scale sound and with some loss of lower frequencies to produce full sound like Mira II/Ankaa model I used to own. Unexpectedly, they handle the lower frequencies very good despite being so small with only 6.5 inch driver. The driver can't handle low frequency at high volume like above -20db from preamp on track 8 'Demagnetizing Fade' of XLO Reference CD. However, it doesn't affect real songs I heard so far.

I heard a lot of bad news about this pair from a few places but I have faith in Andy that he didn't disappoint me in previous models. So it can't really be that bad for him to make price no objective speakers for small room. I assumed most people who heard Alya poorly may not have enough powerhouse amplifier. Alya has only 85db sensitivity so it actually requires more watts than most speakers out there. I'm driving Rockport with Karan 600 with 1000W@4ohm and I couldn't be happier with it.

Rockport Alya is really specialized product. It's very small yet requires powerful amplifier to drive it. I saw a lot of people I know and many pics from community with a large pair of speakers in small room. I hope some days people would try to buy the right product. There's no way they get can the best out from over-sized speakers. I've been with Mira II/Ankaa for a few years and I learnt it in a long way that I can't beat physics.

If you want to make a big system in small room, you couldn't be happier with Rockport Alya. I heard a few speakers utilizing beryllium driver and aluminum baffle. Alya does terrafic job. It made me forget to nit-pick of hits and misses.

View attachment 22557

hello

I am a big fan of Rockport Alya ; great choice !
it was a bad news that Andy Payor decided to stop this model ; a pair of Alya into a little or medium room, it's fabulous.
Do you have maybe a nice photo for us of your Alyas + your big Karan amplifier ?

best regards

Altanpsx

Sep 10, 2014
problem with expensive speakers is not an exception for alya. these speakers sells in second hand generally for half the price. for example magico m5 retail 100-90 ish. today you may find for 30-50 i guess, but indeed they are 100k speakers and needs to be pair with components can match 100k speakers. But a buyer who pays 30k for a speakers usually does not have enough budget or will to pay another 100k for electronics, 10ks for cables etc. So this kind of speaker owner never hear the real capacity of the speaker, in this example says m5 is a very bad speaker. Anyone say his idea about a speaker should tell the whole system, for others to evaluate his opinion, which could be right or wrong no matter.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing