Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3080120121122123124125126127128129130
Results 1,291 to 1,299 of 1299

Thread: Science Thread: Review of Audioquest Jitterbug and Uptone Regen USB Conditioners

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinjuku View Post
    What I would like to know is what happens when you have 2000 witnesses that swore they saw someone do something but refuse to either go through the mug shot book or look at a line up of people and insist you just have to take their word for it.
    The government is not required to conduct an identification procedure. Unfortunately most peope who are wrongfully convicted are done so based on a faulty identification. Thank god fo rDNA.

I think there is testimony and then there is evidence. I would like to know of a court case with a calibrated/properly functioning radar[detector] that targeted the correct vehicle not winning out over just the testimony of the defendant.
    Happens all the time.IMO that is why legislatures took awy the right to trial by jury in speeding cases.

Okay law schol is closed until January.
    Last edited by Gregadd; 12-28-2015 at 04:37 PM.
    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friendly to one, and enemy to none.
    Benjamin Franklin

[QUOTE=Gregadd;363867]
    The government is not required to conduct an identification procedure. Unfortunately most peope who are wrongfully convicted are done so based on a faulty identification. Thank god fo rDNA.

Happens all the time.IMO that is why legislatures took awy the right to trial by jury in speedung cases.

Okay law schol is closed until January.
    Thanks for answering my curiosity. The only thing I know is speaking to police without representation is never in your best interest.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Jinjuku;363868]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregadd View Post

Thanks for answering my curiosity. The only thing I know is speaking to police without representation is never in your best interest.
    That and the phone number of a good lawyer may be all you need to know.
    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friendly to one, and enemy to none.
    Benjamin Franklin

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregadd View Post
    Therefore a jusry could ignore or disregard Amirs meausrements in favor Alexs anecdotal evidence.
    No way. I am more handsome than him:

No jury is going to believe him after they see how well dressed I am....

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! BlueFox's Avatar
    LOL. This thread has crossed a singularity, and is in its own black hole. .
    Last edited by BlueFox; 12-28-2015 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Comma/singularity
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    LOL. This thread has crossed a singularly and is in its own black hole. .
    I thought, no, it's still expanding, maybe it's Dark Energy, driving the posts farther and farther apart.
    I'll be back later...

System: Equitech 1.5RQ - OpenDRC-DI w/AcourateDRC - DAC2 - Krell KCT and FPB 350mcx - MartinLogan reQuest

I mentioned this on another forum...

I had the Chord Hugo TT DAC for about a month and found it hard, harsh, shrill, flat, and just not the wonder the other reviews claim. As Lee suggested, it may not be my cup of tea for sound signature.

So today, I tried plugging in my Uptone Regen Amber and Curious Cable Regen LINK (I had it since Christmas but was advised the Hugo TT should not use these). Well, I figured "why not" so I connected them. Measurable difference/snake oil or not, it made an audible difference. Playing the same material, I can definitely hear more weight/meat/fullness in the instruments. The highs were less fizzy and hard. Ride cymbals had a nice metallic tinge but it decayed nicely. This is just playing on my PC/NAS setup using low-endish Focal Alpha 65 speakers.

I'm liking this setup a lot and can understand the hubbub now. And the PC recognized the DAC without issues (I've read the Intona may have issues with device dropping off). It sucks that I had to add these doohickeys to augment what is supposed to be a decent and not-that-inexpensive DAC.

My CAD$0.02.

-H

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] FrantzM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    I mentioned this on another forum...

I had the Chord Hugo TT DAC for about a month and found it hard, harsh, shrill, flat, and just not the wonder the other reviews claim. As Lee suggested, it may not be my cup of tea for sound signature.

So today, I tried plugging in my Uptone Regen Amber and Curious Cable Regen LINK (I had it since Christmas but was advised the Hugo TT should not use these). Well, I figured "why not" so I connected them. Measurable difference/snake oil or not, it made an audible difference. Playing the same material, I can definitely hear more weight/meat/fullness in the instruments. The highs were less fizzy and hard. Ride cymbals had a nice metallic tinge but it decayed nicely. This is just playing on my PC/NAS setup using low-endish Focal Alpha 65 speakers.

I'm liking this setup a lot and can understand the hubbub now. And the PC recognized the DAC without issues (I've read the Intona may have issues with device dropping off). It sucks that I had to add these doohickeys to augment what is supposed to be a decent and not-that-inexpensive DAC.

My CAD$0.02.

-H
    To keep the thread going..

Did you try your DAC with the cable you had before?
    Frantz

"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
    —Carl Sagan
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
    — E. F. Schumacher
    (mis-attributed to A. Einstein)

Quote Originally Posted by FrantzM View Post
    To keep the thread going..

Did you try your DAC with the cable you had before?

Unless I'm not understanding your question, I was comparing the same DAC with the cable before (not to my liking) to adding the Uptone/Curious combo in. I'm still using the same Schiit Audio PYST USB cable from the PC to the Uptone Regen. I'm not really wanting to spend $500 on another USB cable yet.

-H

Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3080120121122123124125126127128129130