Cartridge Recommendations - $3K budget

kroslos

Feb 7, 2015
Naperivlle, IL
All,

Both of my current cartridges are in for re-tipping (two back-to-back mishaps with my Koetsu's :mad:! Given the extensive turn-around time for the re-tips, I was thinking about buying another cartridge to get me through the wait and also to serve me as a good third alternative. Given this, what recommendations can you offer on a good cartridge in the $3K or bracket. In addition to great sonic performance, I'm also interested in something that won't have an extended wait time for delivery.

Let me know your suggestions and a brief recap of the sonic merits of each.

Thanks,
Kyle

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Ortofon Cadenza Bronze (with Replicant 100 stylus), at $2300 or Cadenza Black (with Shibata) at $2700. Under budget, and two very good choices :)

My other suggestions, that I'm familiar with, would be Benz and Lyra, but those are kinda hard to source these days. Miyajima would be another excellent choice, and might be more readily available.

alexandre

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

kroslos

Feb 7, 2015
Naperivlle, IL
Thanks for the recommendations. I now have a line on a Air Tight PC-1S for slightly over my budget. Should I consider it?

Kyle

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing