Building one's own website!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I had a personal website years ago...ok, maybe 10-12 years ago and life got in the way, so I never renewed the domain name and let the entire thing lapse. I've recently been entertaining the thought of starting another one, but things have obviously changed and progressed......so I need some advice.

Back then I used DreamWeaver and PhotoShop for the vast majority of my authoring, and felt that is all I truly needed. My first question therefore is...can I still get by with just these 2 programs or alternatives (feel free to make suggestions)?

Since this would be strictly a personal site, with no commercial objective at all, I'd like to keep my cost down as much as possible.

John

PS: I am not interested in starting a page using Blogger, Blogspot or any of those.

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
You have a couple options here. DreamWeaver and PhotoShop will be fine for getting your graphics and html in order. Dreamweaver can even FTP it to your host. Another option would be to use a host like Lunarpages that will allow you to create your webpage online with their template system. You even get your domain name for free and a lot of other freebies. All you would need would be their basic hosting. PM me if you have any questions. I've been designing, building and webmastering websites for over a decade.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing