Ron's Speaker, Turntable, Power and Room Treatment Upgrades

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
This is the front wall of the listening room as it looks today.

IMG_20150725_102940_636.jpg

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
is the photo uploader not working?

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Did your second opinion get you the answer you were looking for?

Try uploading you pictures to photobucket or the like and link to it. You only have 5 megs of space on WBF server and one decent picture can fill that up.

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Ron,

I'm very excited to hear about your project.
Stunning tt -- truly! :D

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Did your second opinion get you the answer you were looking for?

Try uploading you pictures to photobucket or the like and link to it. You only have 5 megs of space on WBF server and one decent picture can fill that up.

I presently am forum shopping for a more favorable opinion. : )

Thank you, but I do not use Photobucket or Instagram or any of those things.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you, Sam!

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
I presently am forum shopping for a more favorable opinion. : )

Thank you, but I do not use Photobucket or Instagram or any of those things.

No problem Ron. Keep in mind photobucket can be set up private. And just put pics of the project there and your good.

If you reduce the resolution enough to fit them here the quality sucks bad. If want to send them to me I can post them for you, PM me an email address if you want.

Cheers

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Ron, I simply uploaded them from my iPhoto images on my iMac computer. I don't know about resolution, but they look fine in my system thread. They are large images with plenty of resolution. You can check out the link to my system below.

All the pictures on my system thread are file-compressed, from 5 MB to ca. 350-500 kB. I think they look fine. At the 1 x magnification they open up on the thread, and even at somewhat higher magnifications, they are indistinguishable from the original. Just duplicate your file, save as Jpeg and while doing so choose a "lesser quality" option with the cursor until you are around the 500 kB mark.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Just because I do not like to take "no" for an answer, and because any great hobby worth doing is worth "over-doing," I asked a structural engineer to analyze the load bearing beams holding up the two floors of my house to estimate the actual cost to push outside by 5' the 14' high wall behind my listening position. The answer came back "more than $200,000." So, finally, I am giving up this particular room improvement idea. The listening room will remain 24' 8" long.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
$200,000!

Now Ron, if you work this right, you can get your next spanky upgrade with the line "but I saved $200K by NOT rebuilding the back wall! The amps are only $65K. We're still $135K ahead!"

(If I tried this at home my wife would find something to bonk me over the head. YMMV!)

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Just because I do not like to take "no" for an answer, and because any great hobby worth doing is worth "over-doing," I asked a structural engineer to analyze the load bearing beams holding up the two floors of my house to estimate the actual cost to push outside by 5' the 14' high wall behind my listening position. The answer came back "more than $200,000." So, finally, I am giving up this particular room improvement idea. The listening room will remain 24' 8" long.

The room appears to be very nice as is... But this post reminded me of what I told my wife the other day in my typical sarcastic way, when she was pestering me about decor and such: maybe we should just raise the ceilings instead

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah

I wouldn't worry too much Ron, you have a beautifully sized room and those high ceilings are to kill for.

david

Billy Shears

Jul 27, 2015

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I shall stop whining now. : ) Thank you, gentlemen.

Sammy T

Aug 30, 2012
Hi RonR,

Check out Furutech GTX-R Duplex AC plugs . Best we have found. Also Furutech FI 09 IEC inlet plugs. I have them on almost every piece of gear I own.

You will Love the new Basis Super Arm 9... I know first hand.... I own one too!!!

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Dear Sammy, Thank you for your suggestion on the Furutech. I thought the GTX-R does not have an isolated ground? My electrician was suggesting Hubbell double cryogenically treated outlets because they have an isolated ground to facilitate an isolated and "star" grounding implementation.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing