EMT JPA-66 MkII

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Do you use Crystal cables going in-out of your step ups, E.
Anything cheaper that also work well?

Tang

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I had Silvercore sut MC pro
Used with Kondo GE1
Then I sold to buy P1
For me Silvercore MC Pro is the best sut on the market
Is very transparent natural and fast and with good price also
Then I think for my and my friend experience,for every cartridge is better use his own sut
Koetsu with koetsu,Lyra with
Erodion,ecc

Gian, did you ever try the Kondo SUT, SFz? Or does is it only suitable for its own IO-M cartridge?

Howie

Last edited:

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I tried and listen many times because i have 3 friends that has,one SFZ,and other 2 one the old 6 and other the 7,the old top
I never had IOM but always cart with minimo 80/100 ohms and cannot use Kondo because has from 1 to maximo 40 ohm.
But in the system of my friend this SUT are really very very good.We never did trial with Silvercore because is 100 ohm

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
Hello Howie, I have the Kondo IO-M , ahhh got to love that alnico, with their SFz SUT, a super combination...if you like the wonderful sound of the old Neumann carts, this is along the same vein with all the excitement and punch, along with the nice extended range. I have also used the Kondo SFZ SUT with various Ortofon SPUs, delicious, I really like it when the SPU90 anniversary is on for a ride.

Cheers!
-a

Last edited:

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I tried and listen many times because i have 3 friends that has,one SFZ,and other 2 one the old 6 and other the 7,the old top
I never had IOM but always cart with minimo 80/100 ohms and cannot use Kondo because has from 1 to maximo 40 ohm.
But in the system of my friend this SUT are really very very good.We never did trial with Silvercore because is 100 ohm

Sounds like I have to get one to try!

Hello Howie, I have the Kondo IO-M , ahhh got to love that alnico, with their SFz SUT, a super combination...if you like the wonderful sound of the old Neumann carts, this is along the same vein with all the excitement and punch, along with the nice extended range. I have also used the Kondo SFZ SUT with various Ortofon SPUs, delicious, I really like it when the SPU90 anniversary is on for a ride.

Cheers!
-a

Wonderful news. I don’t know the old Neumann carts but it sounds like it would might work well with the Anna cartridge.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing