Tidal Akira

wizard

Oct 17, 2010
wizard-highend.blogspot.com

The new TIDAL Akira. It uses the exclusive driver- and cabinet technology of the La Assoluta within an only 1.40m tall speaker for smaller or medium sized living rooms. The Akira offers for such rooms a music reproduction first time ever starting at the upper bass/low midrange with the best diaphragm material in the world, perfectly linear and time coherent: pure diamond. A speaker like no other.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
akirasplit-1.jpg

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
How would it be positioned compared to the other Tidal speakers? I just bought a Contriva G2, I am waiting it to come. The G2 is 1,36m tall. This one 1,40m.
Would Akira be in another price range? Would the statement about G2 "The result is the very best midsize speaker we ever built." now false in front of Akira?

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
How would it be positioned compared to the other Tidal speakers? I just bought a Contriva G2, I am waiting it to come. The G2 is 1,36m tall. This one 1,40m.
Would Akira be in another price range? Would the statement about G2 "The result is the very best midsize speaker we ever built." now false in front of Akira?

The Akira will indeed be in a (completely) different price range than the Contriva G2. The Akira will also be more expensive than the Tidal Agoria loudspeakers. One reason for the price difference is the (Tidal) exclusive diamond midrange woofer that is very expensive. The other is the Tiralit material of the cabinet that is not used for the Contriva G2.

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Thank you, Audiocrack. So I am pretty happy with my Contriva G2. :))

Jörn, as always, was very nice to answer my email asking about the Akira. Not for me, now I am sure.

Last edited:

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Thank you! I surely will. If you will be in Munich next week and let me make you a suggestion, please go to listen to Audiopax Maggiore amps. Those are the same amps I have. They will present with big Avantgarde speakers and Lampizator Big 7. I am sure you will enjoy Audiopax.

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
One diamond drive of this speaker is more expensive than all the drives of my G2.

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Msrp?

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Thank you! I surely will. If you will be in Munich next week and let me make you a suggestion, please go to listen to Audiopax Maggiore amps. Those are the same amps I have. They will present with big Avantgarde speakers and Lampizator Big 7. I am sure you will enjoy Audiopax.

Thanks but I will not visit the Munich high end show. Btw, Tidal will probably (also) demo the Akira in Munich.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Looking forward to your feedback. I am guessing they will use the new amps for your demo?

See my preliminary comments on the Tidal LA thread. The Akira is a real beauty and can be heard at the next Munich high end show.

Last edited:

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Correcting what I posted: one 5" diamond drive of the Akira is more expensive the a pair of Contriva G2.

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Roy Gregory has posted very positive comments about Tidal Akira and their full system on The Audio Beat as part of his Munich report.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing