JackD201 - Almost Done

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Love the build/room Jack.
That could be on MTV Cribs and better than quite a few :)

Cheers
Orb

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
'cept we don't look like pro athletes living with pop stars ;)

Thanks Orb!

muralman1

Jul 7, 2010
Sacramento Ca
Jack, I love your innovation in design. The ceiling is a feast for my eyes. The back wall diffuser array looks sophisticated. I think I can smell the fresh wood. I wish I had relatives there I have to visit.

Vince

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
just saw this now! wow, congrats Jack!!

hope to visit your place again on our next trip.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Muralman, if the F in WBF is turned into Family instead of Forum the you'd have LOTS of places to visit :)

Dimf, lots of great resorts are sprouting up in San Juan, Batangas. Skip Mexico and Hawaii next time around ;)

Audioguy, thank you very, very much for your kind words. Lot's of adjustments still being made but progress is slow but steady. We'll get there :)

nephilim

Jul 16, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Gorgeous!!! Stunning!! Beautiful !! Spectacular !!

If it only sounds half as good as it looks, you have a winner.

Great job !!

I've been blessed to be able to visit JackD201's place several times. Pictures don't do it justice. And the music that the room as a whole imparts ... just heavenly. Or was I just drunk? lol.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

Just saw this now too, my mind had been elsewhere lately. LOL.

Man, Jack, the room looks far better than I had or could have ever imagined!!!!! What a great job. So pleasing to the eyes. And large!!!!!!!!! In tune indeed for a future upgrade!!! Hehe...Man, any guest might camp out there overnight! Very well designed room and I'm sure Mike P. as always will deliver the goods when it comes to room treatment. I'm glad you're only about 30 minutes away. Itching for a visit! LOL. Congratulations!

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
An elevator direct from garage to underground lair -- how Batcave!! I love it.

P

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Hi JackD201,

Thank you for inviting us over yesterday. Your room is a real ear and eye opener. I am definitely convinced on the significance of room treatment.

brianherlihy

Apr 21, 2010
New York
Beautiful room Jack. Very rare to see a room so independently nice and functional. What are the dimensions of the room (sorry, you might have stated earlier in the forum)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi Brian,

The details are in post #13. 3m x 7m x 11m so you don't have to scroll back.

Good news is the fabric has arrived! So did the Lao Lian Ben !!!!!!!!!! Should be done by Thursday so the Analog rig moves in on Friday, fingers crossed :)

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Impressive work and room. Audiophiles are curious - can I ask what type of sound treatment is hiding in the front wall behind the plastic foil?

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hello Microstrip. Behind it is a 4 inch layer of fiberglass panels but it is spec'd to have a large painting about 6'x7' mounted on it. Right now I have the painting leaning against the wall and it sounds much better. The same for the sides which are also covered with plastic to keep loose fibers out of the eyes.

I will take and post measurements when the rugs are in. So far we are on target as is. RT60 is estimated at a shade under .4 rising gently into the bass region. I'm hoping when all is done we'll be closer to .35 which is approaching control room specifications. Being in the basement, sound transmission is not an issue as music is not heard in the bedrooms on the second floor even in excess of 110dB. Pretty safe since I very rarely go past 90dB. With such a low noise floor I don't need to.

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Stupendous:cool: Haven't been to the P.I. in a long time...your room is so cool in a place so hot ;)

Congrats!

Mark (Basspig) Weiss

Aug 3, 2010
New Milford, CT
www.basspig.com
Where do you get the electricity to run a decent sound system. Do you have your own CAT450 genset? Last time I was living in Taguig, Metro Manila, power was unreliable and current delivery was almost nonexistent. Not to mention the spikes and micro interruptions several times a day. And how are you going to deal with neighbors' noise complaints? Unless you live on a hill in Cebu, neighbors are packed in pretty darned close in Manila. I know I could never do what I do, if I had neighbors within 1/2 mile of me. Having my system in Manila would be unthinkable, even if I could find suitable 200A service for the amp rack.
BTW, very nice looking space you've got there. Did you put in adequate rebar in the concrete? Frequent and sometimes strong earthquakes necessitate special construction techniques!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing