Acourate Stereo Subwoofer Integration Method

dallasjustice

Member Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dallas, Texas
Acourate Stereo Subwoofer XO Method

I posted this video on another thread, but I thought it deserves its own thread. I shot this screen capture using OBS during a TeamViewer session between myself and Dr. Uli Brueggemann of Acourate. I cut out the first hour or so of the video so there are some parts at the beginning of the video which may not be interesting to those interested in this topic. The part I cut dealt with Uli and I trying to time/phase align mono (summed) subs on the frontwall spaced one-quarter width (per Toole's recommendation for 2 subs in his book). I can post that video later. For various reasons, we decided to abandon that method and integrate the subs in stereo instead. At the beginning of the video, I needed to adjust latency, Uli demonstrated how the mic can be distance calibrated using Acourate and I had to move my subs due to a sidewall SBIR, since the subs were no longer being played together. So, you may want to skip past the first few minutes.

I think Uli's method for integrating subwoofers is the best method I've encountered and I've encountered quite a few now. As you can see from video, Uli time aligns the tweeter and and woofer using special crossover. He then uses a corner frequency sine wave to improve phase/time align. There more to it but I am trying to summarize here. Enjoy!

[video=vimeo;124667294]https://vimeo.com/124667294[/video]

https://vimeo.com/124667294

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing