Burmester Goes Car Audio?

Fred

May 31, 2010
Covington, LA
Was looking over the new Mercedes lineup the other day and noticed they are offering Burmester as an optional sound system in a number of their models. I would never have figured this company would enter the car audio market. Does anyone have a Burmester system in their Merc? I would be interested to hear some feedback on how the gear performs within the confines of a car (and all that ambient background noise).

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
. . . . I would be interested to hear some feedback on how the gear performs within the confines of a car (and all that ambient background noise).

It's probably good when you're parked.

A car is worse than any member's worse listening room.

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
they've been doing car audio for a while, I think since 2010 Porsche Cayenne & Panamera models. If you will go to 6speedonline, you can find some feedback, some really like, some not so much.

What HiFi review

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
they've been doing car audio for a while, I think since 2010 Porsche Cayenne & Panamera models. If you will go to 6speedonline, you can find some feedback, some really like, some not so much.

What HiFi review

yeah. They had a massive display at the TAVE Show in Toronto that year.

strapper211

Aug 6, 2013
Hi,
The Burmester is the standard sound system in the s-class starting in 2014,the optional Burmester one is 6400.00 and has 18 speakers and about 6 amps throughtout the car.
I heard both and they are very good.Standard is excellent,optional Burmester is tremendous.
I have a 2102 s550,so I missed out.The Harmon Kardon in mine is not very good.
Robert

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
Burmester has been in that audio segment for a while. The Bugatti Veyron was fitted with a Burmester sound system. Porsche and Mercedes followed.

I ordered the Burmester sound system for my next Merc but I don't expect miracles. A car is the worst audio room you may have.

Fred

May 31, 2010
Covington, LA
Burmester has been in that audio segment for a while. The Bugatti Veyron was fitted with a Burmester sound system. Porsche and Mercedes followed.

I ordered the Burmester sound system for my next Merc but I don't expect miracles. A car is the worst audio room you may have.

An audio system in a Bugatti seems somewhat antithetical to me. :confused:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing