Photos of Magico Owner's speakers

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I thought it would be kind of cool to have a thread collecting photos of WBF's Magico owners' speakers. I'll get it started with two photos that I'm pretty sure most people have already seen.

Magico Mini II

Attachments

• DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    496.6 KB · Views: 2,018
  • DSC_0023.jpg
    DSC_0023.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 3,273
Last edited:

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I will give this a try.

image.jpg

Gear:
Sony XA-5400ES SACD
Bryston BDP-1 file player
Auralic Vega DAC
Pass XP-20 preamp
Pass X600.5 amps

Speakers:
Magico S5

Power:
Three 20 amp dedicated circuits, one for each amp, one for source
Shunyata Triton/Typhon for source gear
Shunyata Cyclops, one for each amp
Shunyata SR-71 AC outlets

Power cables:
Three Shunyata Zitron Anaconda
Two Shunyata Zitron Python
Two Shunyata Zitron Cobra
One Shunyata Alpha Digital
One Shunyata Sigma Digital

Interconnect and Speaker cables:
Three Shunyata Zitron Anaconda XLR ICs
One Shunyata Anaconda Digital AES
Shunyata Zitron Anaconda speaker cable

Rack:
Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, 500 lbs empty

Miscellaneous:
Mapleshade Micropoint brass footers under most gear
Mapleshade Triplepoints on top of some gear
Shunyata cable risers
Acoustic Revive RR-77

Last edited:

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
The benefit of being single, spend money on the stereo. :)

Last edited:

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Looking at your listening room picture, I can see why you're single.

LOL. Thanks. I have to admit superficial, irrelevant, cosmetic crap has never done anything for me.

Mark Jones

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor
Jul 9, 2014
At least Bud has good taste in gear.

Bryston/ Auralic digital

Pass electronics.

Magico's

Yeah baby, nice system.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Thanks for posting your system, Bud. It looks great and I'm pleased to see another Pass/Magico system. It's a great combination. The speakers are so transparent I bet one could really hear the differences between the Pass X and XA lines. I've always wanted to compare the X600.5 to my XA160.5. Enjoy.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Peter, thanks. I recently bought another house on Maryland's Eastern Shore to retire to in a few years, and I have been doing mental exercises as to where to setup the stereo. One option would be similar to yours with the speakers, and amps, on either side of the fireplace. However, that would result with long runs of the ICs to the amps. How long are your cables? Does the length have any discernible effects on the sound? Also, when you use the fireplace, do the speakers get warm? I would be a little concerned with the drivers drying out in some manner.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Peter, thanks. I recently bought another house on Maryland's Eastern Shore to retire to in a few years, and I have been doing mental exercises as to where to setup the stereo. One option would be similar to yours with the speakers, and amps, on either side of the fireplace. However, that would result with long runs of the ICs to the amps. How long are your cables? Does the length have any discernible effects on the sound? Also, when you use the fireplace, do the speakers get warm? I would be a little concerned with the drivers drying out in some manner.

My ICs are 6M long and balanced. I've never tried shorter cables, so I don't know if they would sound better. Obviously, I need to have the rack off to one side, so I need the longer cables. I rarely use the fireplace. It is mostly for atmosphere, not for warmth. When I do, the speakers do not get warm. The chimney draft is extremely good, so no smoke enters the room either.

Attachments

• DSC_0027.jpg
    DSC_0027.jpg
    496.8 KB · Views: 511

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing