OpenReelRecords : new title on the market ...

OpenReelRecords

Feb 22, 2015
We are back from Munich High-End ... very nice show, a lot of interesting things ... and our Demo Reel 2015 that play in some stands ;-)

And for the second year voices about a new open reel deck from a historical brand; modular and with a very interesting entry level cost ... we stay tuned for the next year !

munich high-end.jpg

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Just received SARA MINGARDO today. Another speedy delivery. I will note my outer acrylic plastic case was damaged in shipping. It would be advisable for future shipments to secure the tape box better in the shipping cardboard box so the tapes are not sloshing around inside the box with rough shipping handling.

OpenReelRecords

Feb 22, 2015
We are really sorry for the damage, we send another box as spare parts at our expense, let us know if the damage require an immediate shippings or if we can ship a box in your next potential purchase; in this case we have already loaded on your email a discount of 20 % as compensation for the inconvenience.

Regarding the damage please help us to understand in order to improve the service :

1 ) the outside cardboard box was damaged with evidence ? If you in this case it would be possible to manage the conditional acceptance, DHL is a very serious courier and in case of breakage obvious has the ability to refound damages

2 ) if instead the problem was of low internal filling in polystyrene we usually use the same amount; when you opened the box the polystyrene was still up to the edge ?

3 ) finally the damage was a broken edges, the most delicate part, or the box has just scratches ?

If it were possible to have some pictures of everything in email we would appreciate so as to better understand and act accordingly for future shipments.

Thanks for reporting and support , we are sorry for the inconvenience.

Staff
Open Reel Records
info@openreelrecords.com

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
We are really sorry for the damage, we send another box as spare parts at our expense, let us know if the damage require an immediate shippings or if we can ship a box in your next potential purchase; in this case we have already loaded on your email a discount of 20 % as compensation for the inconvenience.

I would be fine with a replacement tape case on my next purchase. I am waiting for your next Dindo releases. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Regarding the damage please help us to understand in order to improve the service :

1 ) the outside cardboard box was damaged with evidence ? If you in this case it would be possible to manage the conditional acceptance, DHL is a very serious courier and in case of breakage obvious has the ability to refund damages

Yes, there was a 1/2" puncture/hole in the outer cardboard box.

2 ) if instead the problem was of low internal filling in polystyrene we usually use the same amount; when you opened the box the polystyrene was still up to the edge ?

yes, polystyrene was filled to the edge

3 ) finally the damage was a broken edges, the most delicate part, or the box has just scratches ?

Broken edge where the groove is... that the plastic side edge strip slips into.

If it were possible to have some pictures of everything in email we would appreciate so as to better understand and act accordingly for future shipments.

I will send you pictures of the damage to the outer box and the tape case itself later today.

Thanks for reporting and support , we are sorry for the inconvenience.

Staff
Open Reel Records
info@openreelrecords.com

Responses bolded above.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Ordered & heard 2 tapes - Enrico Dindo & Sara Mingardo in a superb but troublesome acrylic box . Probably 1 of the best newly issued tapes other than Opus 3 & Premonition tapes which are my favourites

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Nope . Arrived in good condition . With free shipping opportunity to buy slightly cheaper

OpenReelRecords

Feb 22, 2015
The first tapes sold and shipped just now ! In the next days more info about this amazing master tape, we open a separate thread regarding the artistic and historical value of this "live" and the tech info about a pioneering recording for its time ! Stay tuned ...

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
I must have gotten in just under the wire!

OpenReelRecords

Feb 22, 2015
This tapes comes in "Master Series" because the recordings is amazing, really pioneering for its time. The sound engineer was Alberto Albertini, with a custom tubes mixer from Eng. Barry Blesser, 12 channels with a 3 channel out to an Ampex 300/3, 3 traks on 172 inch tape. We will post more info on the recordings on a separate thread ...

Play it ! play_small.gif

albertini.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2015
Norway
Monk tapes sent to me from Italy Wednesday morning and come safe and secure to my door far north Thursday afternoon! And as last time, the cover/box, booklet and packing was reference.

I have now listen to these tapes several times and I have to say that this is an fantastic experience, not only the music but the sound quality also. And this is in fact a rare experience, the sound on these tapes is something else, the way the live sound and the atmosphere from the concert hall is captured and transfered into the tapes are amazing. It is very rare you hear a live recording sounding more real more authentic than this.

There is also 2 tracks with Bud Powell qrt. at the end of tape 2, I don`t know why but the piano is more in the background on these tracks than on the Monk tracks, but the sound of those drums to Art Taylor is incredible! Watch out!

Recommended!

monk2.jpg

OpenReelRecords

Feb 22, 2015
Although with a little delay, but ready for Christmas, we published "Haydn Concerto" performed by Enrico Dindo, the famous Cello Concerto No. 1 in C Major, one of the most famous concerts cello of all time by F.J. Haydn !

The first tape ship from Wednesday ! Play it ! play_small.gif

opus_enrico_dindo_solisti_pavia_haydn_concerto.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing