E.A.T. E-Flat

Fred

May 31, 2010
Covington, LA
I picked the E-Flat up as a Christmas gift to myself (yes, experienced gents have learned long ago that the best way to get what you want is to give it to yourself :D) I find I am quite taken by both its physical beauty and its superb acoustic performance. At some point I intend to mount a Lyra cartridge on this TT and wring a bit more sonic bliss from its unique and wonderfully executed flat tonearm.

BTW, the build quality of this table is just outstanding, and quite heavy at 48 lbs.

The serial number on mine is 0131.

AR7.jpg

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Congrats Fred! It looks quite big as well. What are the dimensions of the plinth?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
17.75Wx15.75D. Takes up almost all of the shelf.

Hmm...it looks bigger for some reason. My Nottingham was roughly that size. The Oracle is 19Wx15Dx6H (including dustcover). Not that it matters.

What have you found to be the biggest improvement over your Gyrodec?

Fred

May 31, 2010
Covington, LA
Hmm...it looks bigger for some reason. My Nottingham was roughly that size. The Oracle is 19Wx15Dx6H (including dustcover). Not that it matters.

What have you found to be the biggest improvement over your Gyrodec?

Gosh, I didn't see you asked a question. Well I think tonal balance is significantly improved, along with much better resolution and pace. The E-Flat produces a deeper soundstage with more slam and better bass response. And this table seems quieter by a fair margin. All-in-all I think a dramatic improvement across the board.

And the former TT was a TecnoDec.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing