Ok, kids, this song simply rocks...

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
John William Peter Newman (born 16 June 1990)[2] is an English singer and musician.[3] He is best known for the track "Love Me Again" which peaked at number one on the UK Singles Chart in July 2013 as well as being a featured artist on Rudimental's 2012 singles "Feel the Love" and "Not Giving In", which peaked at number one and number fourteen on the chart, respectively. He was one of the most successful and praised British singers in 2013. He was nominated for three Brit Awards, including for British Male Solo Artist, at the 2014 BRIT Awards.[4] As of February 2014, Newman has sold over 1.3 million records in the UK alone.[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Newman_(singer)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Very Northern Soul. This song charted a couple of years ago. Maybe a revival is in the making. I always liked Northern Soul even if I could never wrap my head around the dance style.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
John William Peter Newman (born 16 June 1990)[2] is an English singer and musician.[3] He is best known for the track "Love Me Again" which peaked at number one on the UK Singles Chart in July 2013 as well as being a featured artist on Rudimental's 2012 singles "Feel the Love" and "Not Giving In", which peaked at number one and number fourteen on the chart, respectively. He was one of the most successful and praised British singers in 2013. He was nominated for three Brit Awards, including for British Male Solo Artist, at the 2014 BRIT Awards.[4] As of February 2014, Newman has sold over 1.3 million records in the UK alone.[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Newman_(singer)

You nailed it!

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Very Northern Soul. This song charted a couple of years ago. Maybe a revival is in the making. I always liked Northern Soul even if I could never wrap my head around the dance style.

You may like this fellow from Australia..Daniel Merriweather...really good stuff.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com

Also, Last Shadow Puppets. And I'm still sad Duffy bailed on us.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'll be sure to check them out Andre, thanks for the heads ups :)

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I really, really like this! Thanks for reco. Love the strings.

Along these lines..Ben Howard comes to mind.

Andre
I have been playing his Little Giants CD the last couple of days. It is really a fine release.

Roo Panes - Little Giants

I will try out Ben Howard.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Andre
I have been playing his Little Giants CD the last couple of days. It is really a fine release.

Roo Panes - Little Giants

I will try out Ben Howard.

Thanks! I'm on it! Really reminds of Jose Gonzalez too. Right up my alley.

The title track is fantastic.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing