Wadia WT 2000 transport

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
Hi all,
are there any users of the Wadia WT 2000 transport out there? Is it still a valid choice?
Cheers,
Wim

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Wadia no longer makes players or transports.

Best to not buy due to potential future servicing issues.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Best to not buy due to potential future servicing issues.

That is correct. I had to retire my Wadia 8 transport after 20 years due to the lack of spare parts at the factory when it needed repair. The 2000 transport is even older.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
By the way, technology has progressed. I found an equally good sounding replacement for my Wadia 8 in the Simaudio DT 260 tranport for just 1800 bucks. And I don't plan to replace the transport once I will upgrade after some time to the Berkeley Reference DAC. I think the DAC itself and an upgrade to even better power conditioning (Shunyata Triton, perhaps even Triton/Typhon) will make a greater difference than a more fancy CD transport. The power conditioning issue is absolutely crucial for digital, and I plan to provide the Reference DAC with the best power input it can get.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
That is also the reason I moved on from my 971 Series 9 transport. It was beautifully built but I was concerned with ongoing support.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing