Manley Steelhead

Chuck Lee

Feb 5, 2015
I was wondering if anyone has modified their Steelhead.

Besides tube rolling, would upgrading the caps be a good place to start?

I've never read about a modified Steelhead,but nothing is perfect is it?

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Hi think if you were thinking of doing this drop Eve Anna a line
I suspect she will know what are areas that you could change and others are waste of time

Very lovely friendly lady

Chuck Lee

Feb 5, 2015
Well I decided to go it alone.

I used some ERS cloth around the transformers,and other places inside the out board power supply.

I made DIY shields for as many wires and ribbons as I could in both sections of the Steelhead.

The results so far are so good that I am left with the dilemma -do I add some more and take it to the next level of resolution or be content and stay where I'm at? Things sound a lot smoother and more focused than they did before the tweaking.

Maybe what I have done is as much about vibration control as it is EMI/RFI control.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing