High End Audio For the Passionates

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Thanks, Ack. You've even heard one of the turntables in the photos. There is a picture of my SME 30/12 sitting on its ballasted Vibraplane.

And?!??:confused: Like I haven't heard other equipment on that site?

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
So what systems have you heard on that Facebook page? some of them look pretty amazing. Any of the horn systems?

I said equipment (like your TT), not systems (the site includes both), on that site. Either way, irrelevant to the thread what I have heard...

Jim Smith

Industry Expert
Dec 14, 2012
So what systems have you heard on that Facebook page? some of them look pretty amazing. Any of the horn systems?

I've heard mine a fair amount. ;)

It (my previous room) appears twice.

Doesn't look as cool as some of the others, though.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I've heard mine a fair amount. ;)

It (my previous room) appears twice.

Doesn't look as cool as some of the others, though.

Yes, I noticed the photos of your room Jim. Quite a few photos of Tannoys and tubes. Your old room sure was beautiful and I've read that it sounded great. I love the low racks in the center and the green plants. I could have spent hours sitting in front of that. I'm sure the new room is even better.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Yes, I noticed the photos of your room Jim. Quite a few photos of Tannoys and tubes. Your old room sure was beautiful and I've read that it sounded great. I love the low racks in the center and the green plants. I could have spent hours sitting in front of that. I'm sure the new room is even better.

I did spend hours listening to his previous room (well at least a couple hours :)) and it left such an impression on me, certainly one of the best systems I've ever heard!

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
A big THANKS to Olivier Dechelette for his fascinating FB page, as he apparently retires it. What a wonderful dedication to this hobby, and a true internet museum. But do join his group. I will miss his Good Night messages, with those ever ethereal beings... and here's one of them

[video]https://www.facebook.com/cellothecello/videos/2060701424141411/[/video]

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I will miss his Good Night messages, with those ever ethereal beings... and here's one of them

[video]https://www.facebook.com/cellothecello/videos/2060701424141411/[/video]

Saw her (the cellist, Sol Gabetta last December at the Barbican...she had paired with Cecilia Bartoli for the programme)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing