Custom 6H30 Linestage

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
Here is a linestage I just completed over the weekend.

outside.jpg

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Another beauty from wardsweb. It's getting to be a habit for you churning these awesome looking pieces out. Is it inverting?

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
Another beauty from wardsweb. It's getting to be a habit for you churning these awesome looking pieces out. Is it inverting?

Yes, the single triode stage will invert the signal. Which means the signal that comes out of the preamp is reverse polarity. Some say they hear a difference and other say they can’t. In any case, you can always just reverse your speakers wires to change the phase back.

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
A special piece of this build are the tube mounting plates. They were CNC machined, polished and plated in black nickel.

tubemountbottom.jpg

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
A view from the other side.

Congratulations. The neatness inside beats many commercial products! You really know what you are doing, and take pride in your work!

slowGEEZR

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
If it's anywhere near as good as anything else he has made, I bet it sounds wonderful! Luther, when you come to my audio gathering in January, you're welcome to bring the unit and see how it performs in my system.;)

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Really nice workmanship! What led you to use the 6H30 tube?

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
If it's anywhere near as good as anything else he has made, I bet it sounds wonderful! Luther, when you come to my audio gathering in January, you're welcome to bring the unit and see how it performs in my system.;)

I can bring it, but I don't think it is as top shelf as the rest of your high end system.

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
Really nice workmanship! What led you to use the 6H30 tube?

It allows for a fairly simple circuit, it is a rugged tube, doesn't need insane plate voltage and besides if is ok for the the new Audio Research Ref 10 and the Lamm Ref preamp, its good enough for me.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
It allows for a fairly simple circuit, it is a rugged tube, doesn't need insane plate voltage and besides if is ok for the the new Audio Research Ref 10 and the Lamm Ref preamp, its good enough for me.

:)

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Beautiful, Luther! Great work as always. See you at Steve's in a few weeks.

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
Here is the finished system. I built the 2A3 years ago.

setsystem.jpg

Occam

[Industry Expert]
Dec 15, 2010
NYC
Lovely implementation!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing