Hello from Fort Worth, Texas

arthurs

Sep 12, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Seriously!

Could I ask you to list your gear?

Sure!

The room was designed by Jeff Hedback of hdAcoustics and includes RPG BAD Arc's, Ethan's diffusors in the rear, custom treatments for the ceilings and rear alcove, and the backlit front "floating" wall is actually a diaphragmatic membrane Jeff designed that not only looks cool, but has an excellent impact on room acoustics.

As for the system....from the wall to the speakers is as follows:
Dedicated lines with their own panel
Synergistic Research PowerCell 10SE Conditioner
Vitus Signature SCD-010 CDP
Vac Renaissance Signature MK II Preamp
Vac Phi 300.1 monoblocks
Speakers are a custom design by Danny Richie using B&G Neo 8's and Peerless 6.5" with a highly modified Mundorf based network built by Bill Baker of Response Audio
Power cords are DCCA
IC's are KCI Silkworm +
Speaker cables are Purist Audio Proteus Provectus

Albert, Marty and maybe a few others here have been by before. I guess I would describe the sound here as balanced tonally with a hint of warmth, a wide and deep soundstage, great dynamics and a good but not incredible image. They may have heard it different and chime in.

Anyhow, that's the overview!

Last edited:

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
Gorgeous room, Arthur! What's your impression of the rear diffusion? I've been considering doing the exact same thing i.e. Ethan's diffusors and I'm keenly interested in user observations. I have a nearly identical situation - large window with wooden blinds well behind the listening seat.

Ethan Winer

Banned
Jul 8, 2010
New Milford, CT
I have been very pleased with Ethan's diffusors and the way they've helped overcome a node in my alcove area while opening up the overall sound at the same time. Ethan and his guys were top notch with support and build quality is as advertised.

That's a great photo too. Do you mind if I put that on our web site?

--Ethan

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing