MMMicroOne

Whatmore

Jun 2, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
I made some enquiries about these in Australia. The local dealer sells them with stands for AUD4,800 (about USD4,950)!!

He also tells me that the manufacturer says there is about to be a significant price increase

:(

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
Jonathan, can you confirm?

We have not announced anything yet. As we do not make any money at the current price, it will have to go up at some point in the future.

I decided to leave the price alone for now since there have been people saving up for them and I want to give everyone a reasonable opportunity to buy them at the current price.

Right now, I can't say when or how much.

Guess we know the answer then!!

Hi Bruce!!!

Given what they did to the price when the original Evolution Acoustics speaker came out at about $25,000 and then raised it to whatever the current price is ($50,000 ???) a price increase is not surprising.

With all due respect, you are mixing up models. In 2007 the MMThrees were 38k and over the years have risen to 50k. The MMTwos were 28k and went up to 40k. Costs have significantly risen which made raising the price necessary. We do not work with the normal HUGE margins that most companies have. Our cost on the MMTwo is about the same as many companies selling their speakers for $100k - 175k.

We are currently 13 - 14 months backordered on MM Series, MMMini Series products and all cables.

Whatmore

Jun 2, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
We have not announced anything yet. As we do not make any money at the current price, it will have to go up at some point in the future.

I decided to leave the price alone for now since there have been people saving up for them and I want to give everyone a reasonable opportunity to buy them at the current price.

Right now, I can't say when or how much.

Hi Bruce!!!

With all due respect, you are mixing up models. In 2007 the MMThrees were 38k and over the years have risen to 50k. The MMTwos were 28k and went up to 40k. Costs have significantly risen which made raising the price necessary. We do not work with the normal HUGE margins that most companies have. Our cost on the MMTwo is about the same as many companies selling their speakers for $100k - 175k.

We are currently 13 - 14 months backordered on MM Series, MMMini Series products and all cables.

Thanks for the information. Great to be able to get it from the source.

I do wonder, however, why the local distributor tells me that it is going up for sure.
I also wonder at what seems to be a very large difference between the price we pay in Australia and the retail price in the USA.

Btw this is the source of much consternation across many many products 'down under'

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
Thanks for the information. Great to be able to get it from the source.

I do wonder, however, why the local distributor tells me that it is going up for sure.
I also wonder at what seems to be a very large difference between the price we pay in Australia and the retail price in the USA.

Btw this is the source of much consternation across many many products 'down under'

The price, as I said, has to go up for sure. I just cannot say when or how much.

There are a lot of costs involved with importing products and it is different for most countries. Shipping, duties, taxes, etc.

I think if you were to look at the US price and add the fees previously mentioned, you might be surprised at how similar the pricing really is.

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Main - Living Room System :

Evolution Acoustics MM3 speakers

Pioneer Elite PRO151FHD 60" plasma with Premier Mount AM3 Articulating Arm

Oppo BDP105 SACD/BluRay/Universal Transport and Streamer with Marigo Labs RHX MYSTERY FEET under unit.

PASS LABS XA-160 Amplifiers with Marigo Labs RHX MYSTERY FEET under unit.

ESOTERIC D-02 DA/PreAmplifier with Marigo Labs RHX MYSTERY FEET under unit.

Synergistic Research TESLA PowerCell 10SE MKIII - power conditioner w/4 Galileo MPC's

Purist Audio Design 25th ANNIVERSARY XLR interconnects.

Purist Audio Design CANORUS power cords (amps).

Synergistic Research - Tesla Copper, Hologram A, Hologram D active power cords

AudioQuest - EVEREST - speaker cables.

GIK Acoustic Wall Panels

For power, I have (4) dedicated power lines using cryo-treated 10ga wire directly from the circuit breaker box to (4) Synergistic Research TESLA-PLEX cryo'd wall outlets.

Office/Desktop - Computer Audio System :

Evolution Acoustics MMMicro speakers

ESOTERIC RZ-1 Preamp/Amp/DA Convertor

Apple MAC PRO computer

Music utilizing I-Tunes via Apple Lossless AIFF encoder

Last edited:

LazyMan

Jun 16, 2013
Northeast
Fantastic setup, gfroman. I admire how your MM3 speakers (had no idea they were so big) are so well situated in your room that they have become
an attractive addition. This is something that more people should consider - the livability of the equipment (to put it clumsily).

Thank you very much for mentioning the Esoteric unit - having received a pair of MMMicroOnes, this is a wonderful idea and great pairing. This is a
unique component; apparently it lists at 6K and the only other upcoming similar unit will be the Playback Design IPS-3 - both of which I would dearly
love to demo....

Last edited:

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Thanks, LazyMan!
I am truly humbled from your comments.
My office system never sounded so good!

reverendo

Mar 10, 2014
Dallas, TX
just saw this thread, and thought that I'd like to inquire as to how people continue to perceive their MicroOnes. has everyone been sticking with them and, if not, what did you upgrade to?
best regards
André

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
The MMMicroTwo is the MicroOne with an extended cabinet housing additional woofers (6 to be exact). Having heard the MicroOne, my guess is that the MicroTwo sounds similar with additional bass support.

I've been trying to follow this project off and on since i heard the MMMicroOne for the first time a few years ago. Does anyone know if this will eventually become a reality?

reverendo

Mar 10, 2014
Dallas, TX
I asked JTinn a few months ago and he thought it would be out for Xmas this year. OTOH, EA schedules have to be taken with a grain of salt, although it probably will be worth the wait.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing