This will make your head spin... Synergistic Research Atmosphere

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
This will make your head spin... Synergistic Research Atmosphere.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Okay, I haven't looked up the product as this is my first to hear of it. My guess is it is an adaptive transducer system that alters the native room tone. That's the only thing I can think of. In theory this could work. It's done for Cinema sound albeit the mainly HF info is part of the program material and not sent out discreetly.

*I couldn't hear a difference through my laptop speakers.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Peter, does it produce any sound? Did it have a speaker and such in the front? Or Mic to listen?

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Turns out it is a multi ULF array of sorts. I wonder how that affects fluid dynamics of the transmission medium. That is somehow more acceptable to me than the solar RF angle.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Someone elsewhere posted about their PHT-Phono Transducer...one version produces a holographic image, the other more clarity and musicality. rolleyes.gif I think I'll spend my money on more music!

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Spin indeed.

From the demo you posted, I think this product has some serious benefits.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Schumman is below 8Hz. Think of air as a medium that behaves like a liquid under pressure, which it is. It makes me wonder how a (or many) low cycle excitation(s), where the air molecules are already excited more than normal would otherwise be affected by pressure waves. Think a high diver entering a pool at high speed and the organizers blowing bubbles in the landing zone to make entry impact less severe. Dude, I'm just taking a WILD swing at this. Like I said, the solar RF thing is a bit too much for me to take. If the choice of daytime being better than night is attributed to this rather than more earth sourced RF, I'm feeling more a monkey's uncle. That and grid load differences.

My system is fine day or night. Helps I have my own transformer from the power company. Solar, eeeeeh, my rooms underground but still.

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
what?

If you don't like SR products or think they are vodoo or whatever, why don't you just say so?

Appears you've made judgement without hearing the product in question. Oh well. Seems somewhat common for SR acoustic products.

I, for one, appreciate Peter bringing these products to our attention.

Sorry you don't apparently feel the same. ;)

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Hey Dude, I suppose I should buy their entire catalog and give a listen. Return shipping shouldn't be terrible given the size of those little buggers :D

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Give it a go.

You might be surprised and overcome your apparent prejudices assuming you can listen in an objective manner.

The good old adage. If you haven't heard it, you have no basis for an opinion.

Please audition and provide us your comments. I'm seriously considering it.

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
The power of suggestion is a mighty thing indeed. BTW I have a pretty decent desktop system and couldn't hear a difference...but then having these tin ears could be a problem :p I would be more interested in hearing their XOT speaker filters..

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
As far as I know, if its like the schumann thingy, it is affecting you physically, not the air or your system itself. I have not studied it much.

I walked in at the same time John Atkinson did so I got a full demo and explanation from Ted.

First, it does work and affects your perception of the spatial aspect of the presentation, the controls on the app are are stuff like focused, ambient, and specific "scenes" as well. Some of this was pretty subtle but the differences with it on vs off, while not night and day, are pretty obvious.

He told me it emitted RF while schumann is ULF so not sure what the truth is there... Ted said that RF affects your perception of sound and he was able to quantify it's effects in order to make the Atmosphere device. He attributes our changing perception of the sound of our system to ambient RF. He also mentioned structures inside our cells react to RF.

The Atmosphere is completely independent of the audio system that was demo'd with it.

I can understand the skepticism because it is difficult to understand why most of SR products actually work, but IME they do work. How well they work and what value you place on their performance is a personal question, for me I stick with the KISS principle for audio...

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
The effects of Schumann resonances in audio have been referred more than a decade ago: quoting http://www.lessemf.com/schumann.html

EARTHSAFE WHOLE HOUSE

Same tunable Schumann circuitry, but more powerful to cover a larger area. Some say it adds sound depth to high end audio equipment. Includes optional ground cord to inject the signal into the wiring of your building. 12V adapter plugs into AC outlet so no batteries to wear out. North American 60 Hz/120V adapter supplied standard. Be sure to purchase a universal power adapter if you need it for a different part of the world.

The subject also has been debated in many articles in audio magazines. Long ago I though about bringing a few low frequency variable waveform generators to my listening room and building some antennas but never had the time.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Now I am patiently waiting to know how many WBF will buy these night and day products and for how long they will keep using them... FWIW I heard no difference from my laptop, with iFi micro iDSD and HifiMan HE600. Oh well! I guess mp3 is not resolving enough ... My head didn't spin ...

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Now I am patiently waiting to know how many WBF will buy these night and day products and for how long they will keep using them... FWIW I heard no difference from my laptop, with iFi micro iDSD and HifiMan HE600. Oh well! I guess mp3 is not resolving enough ... My head didn't spin ...

Same here. Even with decent active monitors...nothing. Maybe I'll try those Marigo Tuning dots. The manufacturer says they work, so it must be so.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
now i am patiently waiting to know how many wbf will buy these night and day products and for how long they will keep using them... (...)

We are waiting ...;)

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 347

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
My head is spinning alright, but only after that Eagles debacle. I watched this on my HT rig and through the 2 channel system and heard no difference at all, for what its worth.

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
If this device works at RF frequencies then the microphone will not even come close to picking it up. In which case we should "not" be able to hear it on a recording. You would have to be there.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing