What's Spinning Tonight?

Tang,

That David Lang record is exquisitely evocative and always seems to put me in a state of lyrical melancholy. A wistful and alluring recording.

Great performances by the eclectic grouping of Sheila Worden, Owen Pallett, Bryce Dessner, and Nico Muhly.

Thank you!

David Karmeli gave me this album. It is one music I don’t know how to put into words describing. Thanks for doing that. When listen alone at night it spooked me a bit.

Tang

Redbook

https://youtu.be/ojpRvh-nqY8

Joaquín Gutiérrez Hadid Sustain (Line)

a1770838264_10.jpg

Oren Ambarchi / Konrad Sprenger / Phillip Sollmann Panama / Suez (A-TON)

41Yme3dPgKL._SS500.jpg

swi?elized sou?ds sou?ds past (Lynn)

a0688170232_10.jpg

This album is very interesting Shane. I never listened before. Some electronica part of songs remind me a bit of Alphaville. Will try to buy one. How is the recording anywaay?

Tang

Hi Tang. Its very good recording and album. Not much like Alphaville imo, except maybe one or two of their slower tracks.

The first album - It'll end in Tears is even better.

Matthew Sweet ?– Girlfriend. 1995 vinyl, mastered by Burnie Grundman, released on vinyl by Classic records and pressed perfectly by RTI. IMO Mathew's magnum opus and quite close to the perfect power pop album. absolutely wonderful album in every respect.

[ 43757203195_697b1fe855_b.jpg

AIR ?– Music For Museum. 2014 - 2LP ltd vinyl only release of 1000 copies. the music was specifically created for and played at the Palais des Beaux Arts in Lille, France.

original and Utterly brilliant.

44706913851_da585b5dc0_b.jpg

Most of us don't give this LP a second glance..and in some ways that is understandable. However, this LP is interesting for it occasionally has a few good moments. Not like the M&K direct to Discs, but still a little better than your typical digital LP: 51CMdDUUwXL.jpg

AIR ?– Music For Museum. 2014 - 2LP ltd vinyl only release of 1000 copies. the music was specifically created for and played at the Palais des Beaux Arts in Lille, France. original and Utterly brilliant.

View attachment 43777

That's a cool shot; the LP's inside cover enfolding around your TT with the album reposing...artistic.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing