Bricasti M28 Amp

Worldcat

May 30, 2012
Has anyone heard this amp in their system? I heard one at the show and thought it sounded pretty good.

lasercd

Member Sponsor
Oct 28, 2010
Voorhees, NJ
www.lasercd.com
I know they are building amps but I don't think they are for sale yet. If they are there are not many pairs out there.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
These sounded fantastic at both shows...

They'll be on sale late fall.

Worldcat

May 30, 2012
I heard them at the capital show i thought they where really good on a pair of speakers i never liked before.

Worldcat

May 30, 2012
They are AB i think 200/8 400/4 but they play like they have more power than that. If you watch the video's i believe he tells more about them in them. Their web site has more info too.

lasercd

Member Sponsor
Oct 28, 2010
Voorhees, NJ
www.lasercd.com
They are not a new company. They are deeply entrenched in the pro audio world for a number of years. They sell all the product they can crank out.

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
I think thats steep for a newer company and amp. There is a lot of amps you can buy in that range.

As lasercd said, they are not new. The M7 has no competition.

The M28 evolved from a Levinson design that sat on the shelf for quite a while, and when the staff was dissolved Bricasti bought the rights.

Reaction to the M28 has been strong and very favorable. It's probably a fair bet that reviews will appear soon enough.

lasercd

Member Sponsor
Oct 28, 2010
Voorhees, NJ
www.lasercd.com
I said newer company meaning hi-end audio. They have been around for a few years, yes. My point this is there first Hi-end amp. The price level compares with Spectral and many others that have been around for years. Some of the guys did work for Harmon.

I really don't understand your point. Are you suggesting that regardless of the fact that the designers of the amp and the owners of the company are well vetted, the amp should price out lower because its the first amp they have put to market? Bricasti makes world class products. While I have not heard the amps myself (Brian Z. keeps threatening to bring them down here) I know a lot of thought went into pricing them relative to their perceived competition. You even stated how good the amps sounded.

Should they have priced them lower because the company hasn't been around as long as Spectral?

lasercd

Member Sponsor
Oct 28, 2010
Voorhees, NJ
www.lasercd.com
Are you buying product to flip or are you buying something you've heard and like and want to purchase with a goal of long term enjoyment?

lasercd

Member Sponsor
Oct 28, 2010
Voorhees, NJ
www.lasercd.com
Audio equipment, like an automobile, with rare exceptions is a depreciating asset. Some gear holds its value better than others. Considering that used M1 DACs rarely come to market and when they do they are bought up immediately, I think the outlook for the resale of a pair of M28 amps is very good.

If you think otherwise perhaps you should stick to Spectral.

vassago

Dec 1, 2011
denmark

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
The are good... really good I had them for 4 weeks now.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153222632375337.1073741851.200792050336&type=3
I have just Demo them on a pair of Pass labs SR1 he have 160,5 and 100,5 and the SR1 sound,,, like a total new speaker, and I have a pair off XS150 to.
But you have to hear them...

Hi vassago,

Would you please tell us more about how M28 was compared to Passlabs Xs150?

My S5 is power-hungry and M28 may be a good match.

Thanks!

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
I'd observed a post on AA that the M28 was reviewed by Fremer.
FWIW, the post implies an unfavorable notice.
:eek:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing