Track Audio isolating feet..

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
These feet are a machined masterpiece and I've read that using them with speakers greatly improves sonics. They are expensive at about $1300 for a pair of speakers. I'm tempted but was hoping to hear from someone with first hand experience. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance..

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
These feet are a machined masterpiece and I've read that using them with speakers greatly improves sonics. They are expensive at about $1300 for a pair of speakers. I'm tempted but was hoping to hear from someone with first hand experience. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance..

There is a review of the speaker stands...I recall quite a positive one?...by Hifi Critic, the no-advertisement, review-only magazine by Martin Colloms, Paul Messenger, etc...

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Yes they do build stands but these are machined adjustable feet. There is but one review out there...The Audio Beat...very positive but I was hoping to hear real world feedback....thanks just the same!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Violetmachan used to use them when he had 7s Gavin.

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
I'll PM him Jack...thanks!

Violetmachan

Feb 25, 2012
track audio isolating feet

I'll PM him Jack...thanks!

hi Gavin

The track audio isolation feet was the best speaker upgrade I did when using the vr 7se mark 2.
It did bring out the very best of the 7se .

It magically improved the integration of both the monitor and the woofer units making the midrange and low frequency very coherent .It also tighten the bass and made the speaker very musical.

The fit and finish of the product is stunning and more so has the added feature of height adjustability between front and rear ......helps in getting a more focused and coherent sound
old photos in AC gallery

Gavin I thought you had made that upgrade for your VSA Annie's two years ago( I remember you did ask for details two or three years ago)......if you haven't ....better do so!!!.... worth every dollar!!!,

The product is English ...Mike Butler is also a keen audiophile and owner a high precision industrial unit and also makes track audio stands and isolation spikes and feet

harve had done the same for his vr7se mark 2

Jack .....thanks again , must say stunning memory!

have fun Gavin

Sam

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Thanks Sam...looks like I'll be spending more money. My Annies are, as Albert tells me 1.5s with the triple wall and the upgraded midrange. So none of the MB cable or Crossover tweaks. I hate to send them out to la la land risking damage so may sit pat. You've got VrR9s now correct? Those are my dream speakers...sigh. Thanks for the reply!

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
They are finely machined parts and look good. They are considerably less than stillpoint's ultra 5's. In my experience, trying to go the cheaper route was more expensive in the end. I did cerabase and Cerapucs. They were not worth the money compared to stillpoint's. I would be ahead buying the stillpoint's in the first place. Ymmv

Violetmachan

Feb 25, 2012
hello gavin

What I meant by vsa annie`s upgrade was that, you had introduced the trackaudio isolation footers two years ago....when you initially enquired about them three`s years ago.I wish they were part of the original vsa5se package.....absolute must to get the best of the package
They will give you max`s value for money ....it did for me with the 7se mark2.

Ask harve for his set.......I still might have my set.

I did change to the vr9se mark2....I must say....very happy indeed!

I did try to upload some pics...not sure if they will come through.

Gavin, As for a full factory upgrade to the new spec for 5se`s.....depends if you are cash rich......just a thought!!!:rolleyes: why don`t you buy harve super charged vr9se mark2....you will never need to do anymore upgrades and i presume for home audio!! thats" the very best of albert von schweikert" creations......will definetly fasttrack you to sonic nirvana......" just delay the next proppellar head investment! Beamer

Just a thought gavin...to clean the sound!

happy listening
sam

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Sounds like a plan to me! LOL!

Violetmachan

Feb 25, 2012
hi jack

I do like your thought!

strange the narrative sounds like a master plan with sinister small plots!.....all in the name of sound!!!
The jump from vr5se to vr9se will be an ideal one.....as for the footers!......I am not sure if I still own one

how's the autographe doin.....compared to the tentations .....looks like its very restricted usage only......has the vr111se set sail to your distant shores.....and have you gusumpted the vr11 se .....only joking jack

I am sure it will look and sound stunning in your room......looks like it was made for the vr11se!......was there a plan!;)

any photo updates?

all in the name of sound
Sam

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
That's a plan alright...you guys are nothing more than crack cocaine salesmen

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
hi jack

I do like your thought!

strange the narrative sounds like a master plan with sinister small plots!.....all in the name of sound!!!
The jump from vr5se to vr9se will be an ideal one.....as for the footers!......I am not sure if I still own one

how's the autographe doin.....compared to the tentations .....looks like its very restricted usage only......has the vr111se set sail to your distant shores.....and have you gusumpted the vr11 se .....only joking jack

I am sure it will look and sound stunning in your room......looks like it was made for the vr11se!......was there a plan!;)

any photo updates?

all in the name of sound
Sam

It's going to be quite a few months more Sam. I'm borrowing Jim's 9s next week since mine have ben sold. Yup the room was built for 11s, I was in denial about this, but mainly to the wife! :D The Autograph will be my last RB player. The Dual will handle my DSD and HRPCM. I already gave all my SACDs to Keith.

I think Gavin is mad at us! He needs to take a trip to England or the Philippines. If Rodney chimes in, maybe Vegas! :D :D :D

Love ya Gavin!

Violetmachan

Feb 25, 2012
hello gavin
You do have a flair for the english language " crack cocaine salesmen"......as jack would say " Lov ya gavin......would make major sonic sense to upgrade!

Violetmachan

Feb 25, 2012
hi jack

are you and jimmy the only ones to get the autographe....is that didier`s law!.....is it very different to the tentation you had for awhile.

Heard albert is coming out with some very fancy new gear!.

Jack are you using the ultra`s interconnects and the ultra extreme speaker cables in your system......I do know jimmy has gone the whole hog and having the ultra`s being used inside the vr111 and as interconnects and speakers cables( must be some musical magical to see and behold in his dedicated music palace!)......your views would be wellcome

are you goin to the denver show

cheers
sam

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi Sam,

Jim hasn't placed an order to replace his Tentation yet. He started with his SACD and replaced the CDSD combo with the new EMMs first. It is next on the agenda. Didier goes easy on Tentation owners wanting him to build an Autograph (he does it all himself) as he says "Only for my favorite clients". I'm sure he'd do it if someone like Cor (Cor has one for himself too), whose been his friend for a lot longer than I, asked him.

I was one of the Ultra Beta Testers. I want to cry. Too much for my budget to go the whole loom. :( I'll be happy with Ultras for sources. :)

Nope, I'll miss RMAF. I have a lot of places to go regionally.

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Back to the original topic. I've found at least one post where a fellow that owned the Stillpoints sold them in favor of the isos from Track Audio...ok I'm sitting down awaiting the inevitable push back..

Violetmachan

Feb 25, 2012
Gavin looks like good times ahead.
your room and your setup would be ideal for the vr 9se mark1.....there's one @ audiogon for sale!......I sure it would give you the best returns for all your home audio needs for many years

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;image=49481
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;image=49462

if not .....track audio footers will definitely give you the magic you are looking for from vsa speaker design......will take your vr5se to its max performance.....noticed you also have two subs in your system!!

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing