First time Wilson owner

alfa100

Aug 29, 2014
South Africa
Yearning and growing my Wilson kitty for 5 years .
I have just purchased the Sasha.
Two weeks and I have them spiked and placed them in optimum position.

I was worried that my Pass Labs Xa 30.5 would be insufficient and that my room size and shape inappropriate;
The little Pass Labs amp and my odd room is no problem at all and the Sasha sounds wonderful.
Associated equipment is Wadia 521/571 and Transparent Audio Reference interconnect , speaker cable and power cable.

Still breaking in and sounding better everyday.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Yearning and growing my Wilson kitty for 5 years .
I have just purchased the Sasha.
Two weeks and I have them spiked and placed them in optimum position.

I was worried that my Pass Labs Xa 30.5 would be insufficient and that my room size and shape inappropriate;
The little Pass Labs amp and my odd room is no problem at all and the Sasha sounds wonderful.
Associated equipment is Wadia 521/571 and Transparent Audio Reference interconnect , speaker cable and power cable.

Still breaking in and sounding better everyday.

Well, you have a GREAT system. I wouldn't worry about your amp...30 watts of class A is pretty darn great. Some like a pre amp vs the digital volume controls. But as always trade offs..I suspect the Wadia direct has great transparency, a preamp might add more weight to the notes and have a greater volume range.

Any room treatments? How large is your room? I am a former WP 6 and 8 owner...I know you have great speakers !

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Congratulations. I am sure you are going to be very happy with the Wilson and Pass combo. Keep us posted as you get more time on them.

alfa100

Aug 29, 2014
South Africa
still breaking in , sounding better everyday.
tops are becoming smoother , bass extending deeper, imaging improving.
I expected them to be good and happy to say better than expected.

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing