Pink Floyd - The Endless River (October 2014)

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I read that Gilmour was in the studio, but I assumed it was for a solo album. Not that it matters at this point, as PF is Gilmour and vice-versa...

alexandre

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I read that Gilmour was in the studio, but I assumed it was for a solo album. Not that it matters at this point, as PF is Gilmour and vice-versa...

alexandre

He is, and that is coming out in 2015.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
He is, and that is coming out in 2015.

So two different things here? Gilmour solo AND PF album in 2014? Seems unlikely... Unless it's old music/recording on the Floyd thing...

alexandre

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
So two different things here? Gilmour solo AND PF album in 2014? Seems unlikely... Unless it's old music/recording on the Floyd thing...

alexandre

The PF thing is from 1994 sessions they did. Gilmour is doing something different and Waters is also working on new solo material.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Hopefully will be good.

Rick Wright's "Wearing the Inside Out "is one of the highlights on The Division Bell so more of those sessions should be very interesting.

Johnny, Division Bell Euro vinyl turned up yet? You will be happy with the SQ and pressing. :p

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Hopefully will be good.

Rick Wright's "Wearing the Inside Out "is one of the highlights on The Division Bell so more of those sessions should be very interesting.

Johnny, Division Bell Euro vinyl turned up yet? You will be happy with the SQ and pressing. :p

Not yet. A buddy of mine tells me the same thing. Can't wait to give it a spin!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
ordered.

scouter

Member Sponsor
Oct 30, 2012
Wrightsville Beach, NC
I listened to The Division Bell on download thru my MacBook and Ayre Dac. To be honest, I was kinda disappointed. The music was great, but the sound was not that impressive. I had just listened to Of Monsters and Men's My Head is an Animal album- uh, sorry, a non hi res download, and it had way more depth, width, transparency, and air than The Division Bell. I'm between turntables, so hopefully, the album delivers. The download didn't. I'll be purchasing the double LP on this one.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Just arrived! Sounding pretty good so far. Just hit play.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Do let us know your impressions Lloyd!

Have you heard the David Gilmour 'On An Island'? There is a lot of that in this album, along with a lot of 'big, immense space'-type mood setting Pink Floyd special effects. I will listen to it again...and there are some great musical elements here...just altogether i would say 'good effort' as opposed to spectacular.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I've been listening to it for the past couple days. Definitely cut from the same cloth as Wish You Were Here (which was the favorite album of David Gilmour and Richard Wright) than The Division Bell (apart from perhaps the last song which has vocals).

Good sound. Nothing here musically that will blow you away, nothing much 'new' - typical riffs from all three. I could see some calling this drivel from the cutting room floor, but whatever the case I enjoy it. :)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I've been listening to it for the past couple days...

...Good sound. Nothing here musically that will blow you away, nothing much 'new' - typical riffs from all three. I could see some calling this drivel from the cutting room floor, but whatever the case I enjoy it. :)

well said...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing