Infinity Reference Series V Speakers for Sale

bethnd

Jun 18, 2014
Hi, my father-in-law recently passed away, leaving a set of Infinity Reference Standard Series V speakers, which we are looking to sell. This is the 4-speaker set with 8-ft. tweeter and midrange set and a pair of tower base speakers. My brother-in-law has the speakers and lives in the San Francisco Bay area. Please contact him directly if you are interested and he can give you all the details. His name is Doug and his email is dougdesautels@hotmail.com. You can also call or text him at 408-375-4151.

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Given the right room & amplification, these are phenomenal speakers capable of thunderous concert-level bass & ethereal "reach out and touch it" imaging. To this day the IRS-V's are still the best sounding speakers I've ever heard, and also the most beautiful. Hope this pair find a good home. A well looked after pair which has had the woofers re-foamed should give many years of great sound. Still Graz can refurb the Emim's & Emit's if required in the future. Good luck with the sale...wish I had the room & spare funds! :)

Last edited:

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
I turned a pair down several years ago. They were completely rebuilt by Miller Sound. I just didn't have the room. I thought about renting a storage bin but thank goodness I didnt. They'd still be there collecting dust.

Garth

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I turned a pair down several years ago. They were completely rebuilt by Miller Sound. I just didn't have the room. I thought about renting a storage bin but thank goodness I didnt. They'd still be there collecting dust.

I have a pair of Infinity QLS wrapped in plastic in a heated garage collecting dust but I would love to own the V wish they were closer.

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Bill LeGall is the man to do a resto on IRS-V's. His own pairs are quite unique, using Series III bass drivers etc. I'm in the same position & don't have the room for the massive IRS-V's, but would love to see this pair find a good home...and hopefully be featured in a system thread for us to admire :)

Whatmore

Jun 2, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Bill LeGall is the man to do a resto on IRS-V's. His own pairs are quite unique, using Series III bass drivers etc. I'm in the same position & don't have the room for the massive IRS-V's, but would love to see this pair find a good home...and hopefully be featured in a system thread for us to admire :)

You should buy them Bodhi :)
I don't know of any in Australia and would *love* to listen to them!

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
You should buy them Bodhi :)
I don't know of any in Australia and would *love* to listen to them!
Unfortunately I don't have the room to do justice to the IRS-V's Trevor :( In my apartment, the S5's are the biggest speakers I could fit and still achieve correct sound staging & imaging.
I still haven't reached the full potential of my S5's, so i'm enjoying the journey. Maybe one day If I move into a new home I might build a sound room around a pair of IRS-V's. It would be fun to refurb a pair. Then again, Paul McGowan's pair are factory original & sound awesome!

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Same here...sure would be fun. particularly for the money, having heard Genesis 1.1s, I can only imagine how great a fully refurb'd pair would be.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing