Physical media and memories

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
One of the major reasons I will never sell my physical music collection is the memories that are attached to them. Being able to hold a particular album cover in my hands as it plays is a really satisfying experience. Due to their age, many vinyl LP's I own have seen better days, but the connection I have with them is something I cannot part with and I think would create a huge void. As such I could never see myself going fully digital and not having that tactile experience to satisfy my soul. It has nothing to do with quality either.

I'm very happy to say that a few decades ago when my life went from the top of the hill into the deepest crevices of life that I kept my collection. It's the only thing I kept. One of the smartest things I ever did. What a joy it was to listen to that music and hold those covers after more than a decade of being in storage.

My music is my joy and I'm glad it does more for me than only enjoying it for what it is.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
One of the major reasons I will never sell my physical music collection is the memories that are attached to them. Being able to hold a particular album cover in my hands as it plays is a really satisfying experience. Due to their age, many vinyl LP's I own have seen better days, but the connection I have with them is something I cannot part with and I think would create a huge void. As such I could never see myself going fully digital and not having that tactile experience to satisfy my soul. It has nothing to do with quality either.

I'd rather have a sister in a whorehouse than not have any analog in my life.

I'm very happy to say that a few decades ago when my life went from the top of the hill into the deepest crevices of life that I kept my collection. It's the only thing I kept. One of the smartest things I ever did. What a joy it was to listen to that music and hold those covers after more than a decade of being in storage.

My music is my joy and I'm glad it does more for me than only enjoying it for what it is.

I'm glad you had the presence of mind to hang on to your music collection through the dark times. Music helps some of us get through life.

Last edited:

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Music helps some of us get through life.

It does for me.

Maybe that's sad or incomprehensible for some, but if you're like me and living alone for the last 20 years or more, it's been a blessing.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing