power cords for Vitus SM-101 Monoblocks , what do you think can match?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I should say straight off that my reference cables are all High Fidelity Ultimate Reference. I have never heard any cable that gives me the realism that they do. I have had both the Stage III Krackens and the Goebels as well as another prototype that I cannot mention. My system remains all HFC.

What I find absent in the competition is decay of notes and the realism of the performance. As Cam_01 says, the Goebels are quite mellifluous. I could listen to them all night, but they never give me any sensation of being at the recording venue. I fully concede that my personal tastes are such realism. This is just my two bits.

Just read up a few reviews of your PCs...impressive. Will look further into them when i can. Meanwhile, enjoy...they seem to be some pretty serious stuff.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I should say straight off that my reference cables are all High Fidelity Ultimate Reference. I have never heard any cable that gives me the realism that they do. I have had both the Stage III Krackens and the Goebels as well as another prototype that I cannot mention. My system remains all HFC.

What I find absent in the competition is decay of notes and the realism of the performance. As Cam_01 says, the Goebels are quite mellifluous. I could listen to them all night, but they never give me any sensation of being at the recording venue. I fully concede that my personal tastes are such realism. This is just my two bits.

i just read up on these...the reviews are certainly universally high (and their highlights are also consistent with your brief description). Enjoy

There are quite a few replies on this thread which sound like they come from people who have never used or owned Gobel cables. Some of them mention reasons why Gobel cables sound 'tipped up'... Couldn't be further from the truth. The sound improvement when I switched my cables to Gobel is mind blowing.

The most resolving, quiet and coherent cable I've heard or owned. The value of the investment in my system has soared. Never been happier with my system.

If anyone gets the chance to demo these cables in their system (like I did), there's a good chance you'll purchase them or miss them a lot if you remove them.

Miyagi1218, I had a full loom. My editor loved them and did a rave review. It is not uncommon for us to disagree. The Gobels are impressive but expensive, but the new HFC Pros are even more impressive and expensive. It is the realism of the soundstage that most impresses me with the HFCs. Their realism is just unequalled.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
I have pre/power /phono /DAC Vitus masterpiece . I am using 3 Goebel PC, 1 pair of SC & 1 pair of IC . These are my findings on Goebel cables . When you first plugged it into your components u will get a wow feeling . It's very energetic . A lot of mid bass energy . Oliver Goebel researched it with his superb 1 bass tower & reference speakers ( 1 of the best speakers in the market) . Over time , when your ears acclimatized to the sound , your opinion may change & u may want more highs etc . After having it for more than 2 years , these are my conclusion . If u have a leaner system , you would love the energy impacted by the cables . If you have room mode problems around 20-100 hz , it may be too much for U. Please take note this is my finding in my room with my syst . Recently I bought a harmonix Nagomi PC , it helps to remove a veil off my syst -a very transparent cable . My friend love Nagomi PC & esp Harmonix millionaire Ic compared to Tara labs cobalt , siltech single crown , Jorma prime , Furutech nano ncf PC etc . However another friend with Nordost Odin 1 & Odin 2 felt that Goebel is as good as nordin 1 but not better than Odin 2 particularly the IC

ationg

Aug 7, 2016
I have pre/power /phono /DAC Vitus masterpiece . I am using 3 Goebel PC, 1 pair of SC & 1 pair of IC . These are my findings on Goebel cables . When you first plugged it into your components u will get a wow feeling . It's very energetic . A lot of mid bass energy . Oliver Goebel researched it with his superb 1 bass tower & reference speakers ( 1 of the best speakers in the market) . Over time , when your ears acclimatized to the sound , your opinion may change & u may want more highs etc . After having it for more than 2 years , these are my conclusion . If u have a leaner system , you would love the energy impacted by the cables . If you have room mode problems around 20-100 hz , it may be too much for U. Please take note this is my finding in my room with my syst . Recently I bought a harmonix Nagomi PC , it helps to remove a veil off my syst -a very transparent cable . My friend love Nagomi PC & esp Harmonix millionaire Ic compared to Tara labs cobalt , siltech single crown , Jorma prime , Furutech nano ncf PC etc . However another friend with Nordost Odin 1 & Odin 2 felt that Goebel is as good as nordin 1 but not better than Odin 2 particularly the IC
Thank you audioblazer for sharing experience. I use Elrod Gold PC on my Vitus. The Elrod is pretty lively too although I don't know how it would compare with Goebel. One question, how does Goebel handle the mids? With so much bass, does it lean out the mids? Or the highs? Is the Goebel tonally balanced from top to bottom?

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain

Hi audioblazer.

As you say based on your experience, Goebel signature sound is on the dark side.
Are you using the PCs only on amplification or on another component as pre/dac too?
I have a Goebel USB and an Ethernet coming this week.
I'm thinking to put a Goebel PC on my TAD C600 preamp and keep the Siltech RMii on my Esoteric D02X and my Wadax Atlantis Server.
My speakers are TAD Compact Rereference one. As you know, it has berillyum on dual concentric driver as Focal has on tweeter too.
This way i think i would keep the Siltech stunning extension with the great Goebel bass energy and saturation.

King Regards.

Rawlit

Oct 6, 2021
Hello,

Does anyone know these SM 101 XLR input impedance?

I read somewhere 600 ohm, which seems too low

I have a Ayre KX-R pre that has an output impedance of 300 ohm

Rule of thumb for amp input impedance should be 10X of pre’s output

I’m worried these two won’t match

Appreciate your input

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I replaced my Vitus 025 SIA with an 030 about two years ago and throughout this period I have been using all Entreq cables in addition to their ground boxes. I also use their ground cables to earth the negative speaker outputs of the 030.
The i/cs and the power cables are very largely Apollo Infinity, but earlier this year I found an Atlantis Infinity power cable which connects my power block to the mains. It made a significant difference to all the sources plugged into the power block.
Even if you don't immediately go down the Entreq grounding road I can strongly recommend their cables on the basis of my many years using them with Vitus amplifiers. Not sure whether you have ready access to a Vitus dealer where you are, but Entreq HQ will allow you to audition their cables. If they do not suit your system all they will charge you is the return shipping so not difficult to audition them before pulling the trigger

Reactions: Audire

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
I replaced my Vitus 025 SIA with an 030 about two years ago and throughout this period I have been using all Entreq cables in addition to their ground boxes. I also use their ground cables to earth the negative speaker outputs of the 030.
The i/cs and the power cables are very largely Apollo Infinity, but earlier this year I found an Atlantis Infinity power cable which connects my power block to the mains. It made a significant difference to all the sources plugged into the power block.
Even if you don't immediately go down the Entreq grounding road I can strongly recommend their cables on the basis of my many years using them with Vitus amplifiers. Not sure whether you have ready access to a Vitus dealer where you are, but Entreq HQ will allow you to audition their cables. If they do not suit your system all they will charge you is the return shipping so not difficult to audition them before pulling the trigger
Used to have EntreQ ground box& cable . Not too impressed . Nothing like the Tripoints. Amazing even with the old model . Most ground boxes don’t do much to the bass except Tripoints .. at least in my syst . Vitus ?Know Hans Ole & Britta well enough. Visited my place couple of times

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Used to have EntreQ ground box& cable . Not too impressed . Nothing like the Tripoints. Amazing even with the old model . Most ground boxes don’t do much to the bass except Tripoints .. at least in my syst . Vitus ?Know Hans Ole & Britta well enough. Visited my place couple of times
What a great signature block! Vitus Masterpiece - the full collection! Wow.

As for Tripoint...I did an audition well over 10 years ago, and went with Tripoint Troy Signature. And while I very seriously contemplated adding their new flagship, I had an opportunity to hear the latest Tungsten grounding boxes, and they are pretty stunning. Of course, I instinctively am confident the latest Tripoints are magnificent.

In the end, we kept both:
- Tripoint Troy Signature remains...doing chassis grounding for Torus, Burmester, Zanden.
- Entreq Tungsten generation is doing signal ground as well as the Robert Kodas which each have their own individual ground designed it seems in mind for Tripoint and Entreq owners.

While I am aware that there are many owners of BOTH Tripoint and Entreq in one system, I am not sure how they are configuring theirs. For our part, the sound is certainly clearer (ie, our primary test is choral/words because we either understand more lyrics or we dont)...but it is also more dimensional, and also much better timed. Enjoying it! If you ever get a chance to hear the latest Entreq, please let us know (or perhaps you already have).

Reactions: audioblazer

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing