Recording to live for.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
If you like Blues (not hard core, growl 'n spit blues, but something more folksy and lyrical)...try Eric Bibb 'Live a FIP'...a great 2-CD recording of 2 live concerts which are INCREDIBLY great sound (imho reference recording quality)...and also great music.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks, Lloyd. Will have to look that one up. I'm a BIG blues fan. What label is it on?

Live at FIP (2CD) [Double CD]
Eric Bibb | Format: Audio CD (25 May 2009)
Number of Discs: 2
Format: Double CD
Label: Dixiefrog
ASIN: B001TJ4YUS

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Live at FIP (2CD) [Double CD]
Eric Bibb | Format: Audio CD (25 May 2009)
Number of Discs: 2
Format: Double CD
Label: Dixiefrog
ASIN: B001TJ4YUS

Great, Thanks Lloyd.

Hope you enjoy it. I am equally interested in finding out if you loved it or hated it. Always good to learn more about blues and music. In my collection, a few standouts:

- Hate to See you Go, Little Walter
- Muddy Waters: Folksinger, Rolling Stones - Live
- John Lee Hooker: Don't Look Back, Serves You Right to Suffer,
- Eric Bibb: Live at FIP, Spirit and the Blues
- Keb Mo: Keb Mo
- Buddy Guy: Alone & Acoustic
- Junior Wells: Hoodoo Man Blues

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Hope you enjoy it. I am equally interested in finding out if you loved it or hated it. Always good to learn more about blues and music. In my collection, a few standouts:

- Hate to See you Go, Little Walter
- Muddy Waters: Folksinger, Rolling Stones - Live
- John Lee Hooker: Don't Look Back, Serves You Right to Suffer,
- Eric Bibb: Live at FIP, Spirit and the Blues
- Keb Mo: Keb Mo
- Buddy Guy: Alone & Acoustic
- Junior Wells: Hoodoo Man Blues

Need to check out Eric Bibb...have the others covered.

Keb'Mo' next Friday..... live at Massey Hall. Pumped and can't wait! :D

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
I would like to recomend the Chinese record company ABC Records. www.abcrecord.com. The albums are mastered in Germany and have the very highest sonic qualiity equal to other audiophile record companies like FIM, Analog Productions, Classic Records, Mobile Fidelity, Reference Recordings, Chesky Records, Stockfisch Records, MA Recordings, Blue Coast
Records etc. Most of the ABC Records catalog is remasters of old western classics.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I would like to recomend the Chinese record company ABC Records. www.abcrecord.com. The albums are mastered in Germany and have the very highest sonic qualiity equal to other audiophile record companies like FIM, Analog Productions, Classic Records, Mobile Fidelity, Reference Recordings, Chesky Records, Stockfisch Records, MA Recordings, Blue Coast
Records etc. Most of the ABC Records catalog is remasters of old western classics.

Thanks! Will check out Piazaiolla as my wife likes Tango.

24bit

Jun 14, 2013
Brasil 66

Brasil 66'. Full of life

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing