Stillpoint's on Wilson Alexandria X-2.2

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I suppose I could up the anti with Ultra 5's under everything. You would make a good drug dealer...;)

Oh go on!...up the ante. You'll never regret it!...your system will even THANK you for it...

...hehehe...

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
Hopefully the following provides some clarification. All current Ultra products are stainless steel/ceramic based. The original black Stillpoint(delrin/ceramic) and subsequent early Ultra versions made from aluminum/ceramic are no longer offered. Stainless is so much quicker at dissipating vibration energy. All 3 Ultra products(Mini, SS, 5) share the same technology pocket configuration. The SS and 5 use the same pocket. The Mini uses a, well... miniaturized version of that same pocket.

The Ultra 5 has 5 pockets, the Ultra SS a single pocket. Ceramic in the SS and 5 are the same size; the Ultra 5 does NOT have larger ceramic. Nor is it separated in the 2 layers of the 5. All 5 pockets of the Ultra 5 reside in the half that has the bevel.

thank you so much for clarifying this. why isn't any of this information accessible on the stillpoints.us website? the (mis)information I posted above was gleaned from several dealers' sites, none of which were complete or (apparently) completely accurate :confused:

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
thank you so much for clarifying this. why isn't any of this information accessible on the stillpoints.us website? the (mis)information I posted above was gleaned from several dealers' sites, none of which were complete or (apparently) completely accurate :confused:

Hi - yes, the Stillpoints website needs a lot of updating to accurately reflect the current state of the product line. One of our failings has been not documenting progress on the website as the product line has evolved. This includes instructions on how to use the products, etc. And yes, that failing leads to the spread of misinformation. Suffice to say, we recognize the issue and are accelerating efforts to 'fix' the website.

This past week we started populating the websites's section on adapters. Listings are by mfgr and we will keep adding as we learn what size tap is on a given mfgr's component. I know its a small step, but a start and one that's very helpful to anyone contemplating using or already using our products.

Thank you for your observations; we all need a little kick in the right place now and then.

All the Best...

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
John Tverdik,

Would love to know more about your new acoustic panels. I am due to listen to them next month...but I am sure many of us are most curious. Our distributor was most excited as I think he felt they were going to be quite radically innovative on an 'old idea' and better. Thanks!

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Stillpoiints Acoustic Panels

John Tverdik,

Would love to know more about your new acoustic panels. I am due to listen to them next month...but I am sure many of us are most curious. Our distributor was most excited as I think he felt they were going to be quite radically innovative on an 'old idea' and better. Thanks!

Without digressing into marketing-speak... We researched acousticians(sp?) and found a very accomplished fellow residing in the Minneapolis area. After discussing what we wanted to accomplish, he designed the panel for which we bought and refined the design. Refinements were necessary because we have to ship to humid climates. The design incorporates 5 separate technologies in each panel (22” x 22” x 3”). None of the technologies uses exotic materials.

Marketing-speak on: "Akin to focusing the lens of a camera, sound images ‘appear’ more focused, more dimensional, and life-sized. Fine detail, emotional transfer, dynamic swings are heightened while providing a deeper intelligible sound stage that transports the listener to the recording’s venue, essentially taking the room’s sound out of the equation. In addition to the exquisite listening experience, Stillpoints acoustic panels can be tailored to your personal tastes with dye sublimation printing. Permanent, rich, vivid color transfers can be pressed onto the outer screen fabric thus personalizing each panel with an image that is sure to please the most discerning aesthetic."

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Without digressing into marketing-speak... We researched acousticians(sp?) and found a very accomplished fellow residing in the Minneapolis area. After discussing what we wanted to accomplish, he designed the panel for which we bought and refined the design. Refinements were necessary because we have to ship to humid climates. The design incorporates 5 separate technologies in each panel (22” x 22” x 3”). None of the technologies uses exotic materials.

Marketing-speak on: "Akin to focusing the lens of a camera, sound images ‘appear’ more focused, more dimensional, and life-sized. Fine detail, emotional transfer, dynamic swings are heightened while providing a deeper intelligible sound stage that transports the listener to the recording’s venue, essentially taking the room’s sound out of the equation. In addition to the exquisite listening experience, Stillpoints acoustic panels can be tailored to your personal tastes with dye sublimation printing. Permanent, rich, vivid color transfers can be pressed onto the outer screen fabric thus personalizing each panel with an image that is sure to please the most discerning aesthetic."
Thank you...let me ask another question. Do we use them as absorbers, diffusers, or something entirely new? When and how should we expect to use them?

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass

Is their use limited to 1st reflection points?

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Stillpoiints Acoustic Panels

I should add the following about my personal experience at home so far. I had 8 panels in my "L" shaped, basement listening room (36x18x7.5); 4 spread across the wall behind the speakers, 2 each at first reflection points on the side walls. That end of the room was gone. A stunning improvement. This weekend I will be experimenting with just 4 panels. I'll report back next week on results.

Also, this just posted to TAB: http://www.theaudiobeat.com/ces2014/ces2014_stillpoints.htm

Not sure where they got pricing as I don't believe Paul has finalized that yet.

Amado

IMG_4061.jpg
Stillpoint Acoustic Panels
serial No. 0001

:)
Absolutely Love them
My Room hears bigger and the music with more depth and dimensionality

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats, Amado! I have heard good things from dealers and distributors who have heard them when they were being demo'd by Stillpoints...looking forward to testing them at some point!

Amado

IMG_6487.jpg
Bruce Jacobs signing the first ones out of production.
He is a very wonderful person to meet
and 44 years of audio knowledge without a doubt.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
cool...

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Bruce Jacobs signing the first ones out of production.
He is a very wonderful person to meet
and 44 years of audio knowledge without a doubt.

Now you just need some Ultra V's under those Alexia's!!

Amado

Now you just need some Ultra V's under those Alexia's!!
I did but one of my clients didn't want to wait for it and mine went out of the door
:(

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing