FM Acoustics 600A

lpd

Dec 14, 2013
Anybody here use one of these amps? Looks like a pa amp but far surpassed my expectations.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Wizard is a huge FMA fan. There are others too. Congrats on the amp...have read great things about it. What is the rest of your system? What have you compared it to? Curious.

lpd

Dec 14, 2013
I have Acoustat X speakers a variety of preamplifiers. I have compared it to White Audio Labs, Threshold, and a couple custom diy Class A solid state amps. I find it has a very solid bottom end lots of control, fantastic sense of realism. So far I'd say it's the best amp I've owned so far in my years of experimenting with audio equipment.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Sounds great...nothing like a true classic that beats the new guys on the block.

lpd

Dec 14, 2013
I'm going to do a more thorough shoot out later with some friends and their amps to get a more accurate of its performance. Cheers

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I'm going to do a more thorough shoot out later with some friends and their amps to get a more accurate of its performance. Cheers

Great! What will you be using in the shoutout?

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I have Acoustat X speakers a variety of preamplifiers. I have compared it to White Audio Labs, Threshold, and a couple custom diy Class A solid state amps. I find it has a very solid bottom end lots of control, fantastic sense of realism. So far I'd say it's the best amp I've owned so far in my years of experimenting with audio equipment.

You have an odd match of gear to be using with the mega-expensive FM 600A (at least price-wise). I'm curious as to how you came upon the FM amp.

lpd

Dec 14, 2013
Not sure what we will be using. Probably a few decent class A amps ect. I purchased the amp used for a very good price (I think the original owner was unaware that these amps have risen in value rather than dropped). It came with original owners manual and a business card ect hand signed by the owner. Mine is an original 600A. Most of my gear I have purchased used and hunt for good gear at an affordable price.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Not sure what we will be using. Probably a few decent class A amps ect. I purchased the amp used for a very good price (I think the original owner was unaware that these amps have risen in value rather than dropped). It came with original owners manual and a business card ect hand signed by the owner. Mine is an original 600A. Most of my gear I have purchased used and hunt for good gear at an affordable price.
I have done the same...I have heard good things about your speakers as well. Enjoy! Look forward to reading about your shootout! When will it be?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing