simple question re: Burning high rez discs

BFlowers

Apr 23, 2010
Westlake Texas
If one has ripped a High Rez Disc (ie. Reference Recordings) onto ones computer, can you burn it to a disc without losing any of the bits?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Do you mean the high res HRx recordings? If so, they are simply stored on plain data DVDs. You can put the files back on another DVD without losing anything.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Do you mean the high res HRx recordings? If so, they are simply stored on plain data DVDs. You can put the files back on another DVD without losing anything.

Yeah... make about a 100 or so and give to your friends and comrades here on the forum. KOJ won't mind!:rolleyes:

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
The whole business of high end music distribution is based on honor system. The people would be in the business of making 100 copies of such content, wouldn't need to ask the question to start ;).

BFlowers

Apr 23, 2010
Westlake Texas
I never thought about the legality of the question before I asked...oops! I wanted to demo a high rez player and didn't have any material. It ultimately didn't work. I borrowed a disc from a friend and will test the waters of high rez audio tonight.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing