New USB Cable from Stereomatic (Chris Somoivgo/Black Cat/StereoVox)

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
From a Press Release I received today:

Hello,

Don’t like your USB cable? Upgrade to the new Silverstar! USB audiophile cable from Black Cat Cable (www.stereomatic.com)! This is for those people that really care about their audio and will accept nothing but the best. Makes a great stocking stuffer (to say the least) for any audiophile or hardcore techie!

1.23m is $150, and $99 for 24”. Please let me know if you have any questions. Feel free to call me or email me.

You can buy it right here:

http://stereomatic.com/products/silverstar-usb-cable

BLACK CAT CABLE BREAKS PRICE-TO-PERFORMANCE RATIO
WITH NEW AUDIOPHILE USB CABLE
Silverstar! USB cable was designed specifically for discerning audiophiles
and is now available in 1.23m and 24” versions

ATLANTA, November 13, 2013—Black Cat Cable, a manufacturer of high-end audio cables, interconnects and accessories, has announced the release of its Silverstar! USB audiophile cable. The Silverstar! USB is a well-executed cable that was designed for maximum performance at minimum price.

“The USB cable market has been in full swing for several years now, but I wasn’t comfortable releasing any products unless they were in the realm of ‘can’t be beat,’” says Black Cat founder Chris Sommovigo. “I had to be confident that the new Silverstar! would be heads and above other cables even three and four times its price. I’m so excited about the final product, and I can’t wait for end users to see what’s possible at this price. This USB cable draws a line in the sand.”

Black Cat Cable products have been renowned in the audiophile community for many years for their extreme performance and reasonable price tags. And their latest offering, the Silverstar! USB, embodies that company philosophy perfectly, by ignoring unrelated bells, whistles and pseudoscience, and focusing solely performance.

“In a way this scaled-back approach is quite a bit better than a lot of your other options, including some of the radically expensive cables,” Sommovigo continues. “As with so many other things, before getting fancy we have to make sure we're doing no harm. Silverstar! USB is our ‘Do No Harm’ cable, and we think you'll be surprised at how well it can do its job.”

The 1.23m Silverstar! USB retails for $151.00 (plus shipping/handling) for 1.23m.,with the 24” option selling for just $99. As with all Black Cat Cable products, the new cables are assembled right here in Atlanta, GA USA

About Black Cat Cable:
Black Cat cables are divided into sub-series, almost all of which have been made possible by our development of the AERON™ insulating process, which lends us the ability to manufacture very high performance cables without being held hostage to the high premiums that subcontractors charge.
Black Cat interconnects all use our newly-designed RCA connectors, which feature a combination of design elements that make them high performance and yet still quite cost-effective.

For more information visit: www.stereomatic.com

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
???

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Looks like a press release to me Mark with some info on a cable upgrade. I sense Andre was posting it in the cable forum for members to be aware of. Nothing more :confused:

Steve: Bingo.

I know Chris Sommovigo well, and he makes outstanding products. He spent several years developing this cable. Strictly informational.
I have no affiliation with his company.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
It's all good. It just struck me as being odd that a cable company's press release was posted by a reviewer on WBF with no further clarification other than to say it was a press release. If you haven't heard it, seen it, touched it, or at least know about some buzz on the street and make some comment about the cable, it makes you just look like a shill for the company. I thought there had to be more to the story and thus my question marks.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
It's all good. It just struck me as being odd that a cable company's press release was posted by a reviewer on WBF with no further clarification other than to say it was a press release. If you haven't heard it, seen it, touched it, or at least know about some buzz on the street and make some comment about the cable, it makes you just look like a shill for the company. I thought there had to be more to the story and thus my question marks.

Nope. Nothing more to it. I have no financial affiliation with the company. I don't even use a USB cable. I will not be reviewing his products as I will be writing columns for his website
on various audio topics, so hence a conflict.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
As an old advertising copywriter from way back, I tip my hat. Six paragraphs that sound impressive but say absolutely nothing.
:)
Tim

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Oh there has been a buzz about Chris' cables, just not here. Chris Somnovigo has been manufacturing cables for 20 + years (?). His first digital cable, the Illuminati, received rave reviews from Stereophile and other mags. He's recently set up this new manufacturing facility down Atlanta (must admit with the butt ugliest winding, etc. machines) way to break the price/performance barrier. Lee here has some of Chris' cables in his system and has posted about them on WBF here in the past. Perhaps Lee can add more.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
I thought Lee would have been all over this thread by now ;)

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Steve: Bingo.

I know Chris Sommovigo well, and he makes outstanding products. He spent several years developing this cable. Strictly informational.
I have no affiliation with his company.

Chris is a good friend of mine. He makes excellent cables. I am currently using his Lectraline silver cables throughout my system. He was a pioneer of early high quality digital cables like the Illuminati which was bought by Kimber Kable. Later his Stereovox cables were well regarded as a reference cable.

Chris has a cable manufacturing facility on the side of his house in Atlanta and the equipment is very impressive and advanced. He does his own braiding, shielding, and connector design.

What I like about his Stereovox and Black Cat cables is a natural flow to the music. They are resolving, clear and open but never too analytical. They just seem to get out of the way like a good cable should. The do a nice wide and deep soundstage (gear permitting of course) and and very even from top to bottom.

Best of all he has a direct to consumer business model so the cables are at least 50% below in price from what they would sell in a normal high end brand.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Chris has a new "double decker" USB cable I have been testing. So far it is pretty close to the Light Harmonic although both are still breaking in.

kiertijai

Jan 13, 2014
new USB Cable frin Stereomatic

[Hi, I am a junior member and would like to know more about the Double Decker USB cable.
Does Chris make 2m double decker or silverlight cable?
What is the best way to contact him?
Is the black cat veloce a firewire cable?
thanks,
Kiertijai:cool:

Audioseduction

Dec 6, 2010
FLORIDA
No thanks, I'm very happy with my Wireworld Starlight Platinum USB cable.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia

Audioseduction

Dec 6, 2010
FLORIDA
Wait til you hear the Shunyata Venom!

I feel my current USB cable does everything I'm looking for with outstanding results!!!

kiertijai

Jan 13, 2014
Chris has responded that the Double Decker ran out of stock since December.
He may not make more of the Double Decker.
There will be Master 808 USB cable coming out which should be better than the Double Decker
How's about the Shunyata venom?

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Chris has responded that the Double Decker ran out of stock since December.
He may not make more of the Double Decker.
There will be Master 808 USB cable coming out which should be better than the Double Decker
How's about the Shunyata venom?

I like the Venom USB quite a bit. In fact, it's my favorite now.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing