Oh my!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
All the sinful guys at WBF have been looking at the numerous (very interesting) persons on the picture.... Meanwhile you must be congratulated for losing a lot of weight! Look much younger and healthier .. Enjoy your stay there and don't stray too far from the health regimen
Now back to the AF2 :)

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
All the sinful guys at WBF have been looking at the numerous (very interesting) persons on the picture.... Meanwhile you must be congratulated for losing a lot of weight! Look much younger and healthier .. Enjoy your stay there and don't stray too far from the health regimen
Now back to the AF2 :)

While Jack's still with the numerous very interesting persons on his picture.......

Here's the

AF2.jpg

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Very interesting. Looks like a lot of the same design concepts from the AF1 trickled down to the AF2. Clearly the plinth and feet are not at AF1 level, nor is the motor. Pricing ?

Yeah - clearly the precision machining needed for the plinth does not economize with thinner/less material. This one looks like cast metal, but precision casting is supremely expensive. TechDAS must be looking at selling a substantial number to make this viable.

Well, we should hear more from Bob Graham. As he distributor for the entire Western hemisphere, he should be there at the launch with a substantial distribution commitment for the US, Canada and South America. I look forward to hear the AF2 in many rooms at upcoming US shows! I'll certainly gladly host one in the Genesis room at CES - but only if he lets me put the Vertere tonearm on it.

hvbias

Jun 22, 2012
New England area
How heavy is the duralumin platter?

TBH I am not crazy about the looks, but that is mostly because of that hammertone grey finish.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

b3344

Jan 16, 2013
Khonkaen Thailand
this look like SZ1 but more modern design look from pic not cool as AF1 but have to order 1 hahah i hope they should have some model like 1500 that can put more arm and more option .

ps i sure Halloween with blue hat girl will be cool too!!!!

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
How heavy is the duralumin platter?

TBH I am not crazy about the looks, but that is mostly because of that hammertone grey finish.

Because of the casting and the choice of paint finish, it has a very industrial look about it. It definitely doesn't have the sex appeal of its big brother, but it's still pretty damn cool looking.

Speaking of Bob Graham, I wonder why he isn't out front and center marketing the tables that he is the distributor for? I've heard of silent partners in the business world, but not in the marketing/distributorship side of the business.

hvbias

Jun 22, 2012
New England area
this look like SZ1 but more modern design look from pic not cool as AF1 but have to order 1 hahah i hope they should have some model like 1500 that can put more arm and more option .

ps i sure Halloween with blue hat girl will be cool too!!!!

Yes, that is a good point, I can see the resemblance. Some of those Seikis used the hammertone finish as well. I'm looking forward to reading the reviews.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Another angle

af2-1.jpg

Boy I was wrong. I thought it would be a compact version but the two is actually larger. I can see how casting can save a whole lot of dough compared to hours on hours of machine hours of precision CNC'ing.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
that is one GOOD looking table

hvbias

Jun 22, 2012
New England area
That is a more flattering angle, great picture Jack. That table is a looker.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Speaking of Bob Graham, I wonder why he isn't out front and center marketing the tables that he is the distributor for? I've heard of silent partners in the business world, but not in the marketing/distributorship side of the business.

He was at TAVES this weekend showing the AF1. He is also planning to go to CES I believe.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing