Entreq Tellus grounding

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I understand that Tripoint has a 30 day return deal, which I can live with. I'm sure I can work out something that makes sense.

That is comforting. I guess we shall see how signal grounding goes with entreq and check out tripoint later to see if there are cumulative benefits using both devices or one or the other. I have engaged my stillpoints dealer for a silver tellus and Apollo cables for phono pre, main pre and turntable/RTR machine.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I think you guys new to grounding are in for some interesting experiences. Like any potential purchase in audio, the poss of a-b (Entreq v Troy) must be an advantage, but in my case Entreq just "spoke" to me in a dramatic way that I felt no need to listen beyond, esp w/the alternative setup (Troy) being 3-4x the entry price of Entreq. No brainer, in my system anyhow. I've now in effect spent the same money I would have done on my power/grounding over time, and in totality, that I would have done w/Troy, but for that price I've installed a dedicated radial mains, Westwick 8kVA balanced power transformer, Burmester 948 power conditioner, Entreq Silver Tellus and over half a dozen Apollo ground leads.
The Troy may have won a shoot out w/the S. Tellus as a straight comparison, but everything else in my power package makes a more compelling argument, and it's where I'm sticking - tbh, I don't dare investigate Atlantis add-on box, I can't fall under even more of the grounding spell :eek:!

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Entreq "Cleanus" addresses Chassis Ground like Tripoint

Entreq has products that address both the signal and ground planes. The "Cleanus" is the Entreq product that is akin to the Tripoint products.

John

Ahh, but will you get a demo ? Interesting how tripoint focuses in chassis ground and entreq signal ground. Not understanding the complete ramifications of either approach, it will be interesting to see which approach is best if one can compare both...always the rub.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I'm looking at the Cleanus to address poss noise issues w/my balanced power transformer, and complete Entreq grounding from power outlet to components. All once I add 3 Apollos to cover my new Audion 4 box preamp and dual Zu sub amps. I'm resisting the temptation to go Atlantis add-on/Atlantis leads upgrade.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
thanks Lloyd. i will do my best to relate what i hear.

regarding your the Atlantis gounding cable comment; are you saying that the cable you are referring to is somehow different than the Ertha Atlantis RCA cable i've ordered? or are you simply saying to try it by itself and not with the Ertha Apollo RCA on the digital?

i'm just not clear on your meaning.

thanks.
Eartha Atlantis is the Atlantis I was referring to...all I am saying is [generally speaking] if you like what you hear with an Eartha Apollo, you [often but not always] like it even more with the Atlantis cable. Good luck.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Eartha Atlantis is the Atlantis I was referring to...all I am saying is [generally speaking] if you like what you hear with an Eartha Apollo, you [often but not always] like it even more with the Atlantis cable. Good luck.

thanks Lloyd. my initial order includes one each of the Ertha Atlantis spade-RCA and Ertha Apollo spade-RCA cables.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
thanks Lloyd. my initial order includes one each of the Ertha Atlantis spade-RCA and Ertha Apollo spade-RCA cables.

Done...

...good luck. When does the fanfare kick off here? ;) at least...I hope its fanfare!!!

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
maybe i can arrange a demo of the Cleanus.

I can't comment on the Cleanus as I still use the Audience Aspect 8 passive power conditioner I had before going down the Entreq road and they work very well together.
The silver and Atlantis Cleanus with 6 US outlets retail over here for £2000 and £3800 respectively to give you a handle on their cost. The US prices quoted by Stillpoints for the Tellus etc are very similar to their UK prices so I imagine the same would apply to the Cleanus.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
I can't comment on the Cleanus as I still use the Audience Aspect 8 passive power conditioner I had before going down the Entreq road and they work very well together.
The silver and Atlantis Cleanus with 6 US outlets retail over here for £2000 and £3800 respectively to give you a handle on their cost. The US prices quoted by Stillpoints for the Tellus etc are very similar to their UK prices so I imagine the same would apply to the Cleanus.

i have no interest in a power conditioner if that is what the Cleanus is. i have the big boy 10kva Isolation transforer Equi=tech for that. so i might have miss understood the reference to the Cleanus relative to the Tripoint.

when John said the Entreq Cleanus was 'akin' to the Tripoint products i assumed that was the Tripoint Troy....not the Tripoint power conditioners. i'm not saying that the Cleanus or even Tripoint power conditioners are not effective....only that my priority is not to find an alternative to the Equi=tech which i'm already beyond wholey satisfied with.

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Done...

...good luck. When does the fanfare kick off here? ;) at least...I hope its fanfare!!!

me too. that it's fanfare that is.:D

i love it when a product pushes the reference further. it's not always a certainty.

as far as when they will arrive i'm told 2 weeks. then a few days to 'settle' and open up according to feedback.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
me too. that it's fanfare that is.:D

i love it when a product pushes the reference further. it's not always a certainty.

as far as when they will arrive i'm told 2 weeks. then a few days to 'settle' and open up according to feedback.

I have hooked up and unhooked/re-hooked up these things 3 times. Here is consistently the timescale:

- Wait 20 minutes
- Wait 3 hours
- Wait 48 hours
- Wait 2 weeks

3 hours should be a nice improvement...but don't unhook them or you start all over again.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
I have hooked up and unhooked/re-hooked up these things 3 times. Here is consistently the timescale:

- Wait 20 minutes
- Wait 3 hours
- Wait 48 hours
- Wait 2 weeks

3 hours should be a nice improvement...but don't unhook them or you start all over again.

good to know, thanks.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Mike, there's a little confusion here. It's the POWERUS that is the power conditioner, although Entreq technology means that it's a lot more complex than just that. The CLEANUS is a unit which plugs into a spare outlet in the wall/other power conditioner (eg one of the 10 outlets fixed on my balanced transformer), and has a noise filtering capability, optimised further by running an Apollo or Atlantis ground lead back to a S. Tellus. I believe it has an efffect on mimimising mains borne hash enetering the audio chain from the mains, but because it's in parallel w/the system, and not channeled thru it, has no current limiting effects as many conditioners do.
I'm going to try one via my transformer to create a grounding chain to incl the mains.
I would say for you guys trying Entreq for the first time, just concentrate on grounding the components via S. Tellus, Cleanus can wait.
Guillame is the go-to guy for Cleanus experiences.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Mike, there's a little confusion here. It's the POWERUS that is the power conditioner, although Entreq technology means that it's a lot more complex than just that. The CLEANUS is a unit which plugs into a spare outlet in the wall/other power conditioner (eg one of the 10 outlets fixed on my balanced transformer), and has a noise filtering capability, optimised further by running an Apollo or Atlantis ground lead back to a S. Tellus. I believe it has an efffect on mimimising mains borne hash enetering the audio chain from the mains, but because it's in parallel w/the system, and not channeled thru it, has no current limiting effects as many conditioners do.
I'm going to try one via my transformer to create a grounding chain to incl the mains.
I would say for you guys trying Entreq for the first time, just concentrate on grounding the components via S. Tellus, Cleanus can wait.
Guillame is the go-to guy for Cleanus experiences.

so the Cleanus is 'akin' to the Shunyata Typhon.....which reduces noise either into a wall socket or when paired a Shunyata Triton.

in other words....a power conditioner with it's main focus not related to power grid/chassis grounding of individual boxes of electronics like the Tripoint.

at some point i was intending to demo the Triton-Typhon in my system since they are local.

these have been the 2 areas i wanted to explore, grounding (Entreq and Tripoint) and whether i could still push further than the Equi=tech on power grid noise (Shunyata).

not much else left to try.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Mike pardon my confusing you and thanks to Mark for clarifying the position.
The prices I quoted are for the Cleanus to avoid any further misunderstanding and to help with other product comparisons.

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
so the Cleanus is 'akin' to the Shunyata Typhon.....which reduces noise either into a wall socket or when paired a Shunyata Triton.

in other words....a power conditioner with it's main focus not related to power grid/chassis grounding of individual boxes of electronics like the Tripoint.

at some point i was intending to demo the Triton-Typhon in my system since they are local.

these have been the 2 areas i wanted to explore, grounding (Entreq and Tripoint) and whether i could still push further than the Equi=tech on power grid noise (Shunyata).

not much else left to try.

Actually the Shunyata comparison is very helpful in understanding how the Entreq mains products work: the PowerUs is similar to the Shunyata Triton, both are power distributors and plug directly into a mains outlet. The CleanUs is similar to the Typhon, it can be paired with the PowerUs OR can be plugged directly into a duplex wall outlet. Where the Entreq boxes are different are that they BOTH connect to a ground box (for e.g. Silver Tellus). Other than that I believe the technologies are quite similar.

In my setup I have two Devialet 250s running in dual mono configuration and each one is plugged into its own mains outlet (Furutech GTX-D duplex) since each unit runs on a separate circuit. I therefore have a Silver CleanUs plugged into the spare socket of each outlet.

I also have two Silver Tellus ground boxes - one dedicated to mains duties and the other to signal plane grounding.

Guillaume

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I had the pleasure and I mean pleasure auditioning the Silver Tellus in my system for 5 hours today. I would like to thank both Bill Demars from Beauty Of Sound and Buffer from Laufer Teknik for bringing their units in to my home for testing. Observations ?

1) I was blown away by the improvement in image focus, depth of stage, layering of instruments, bass articulation and an over all sense of ease in the delivery of the music. The music sounds more organic, more real. This was not subtle in my system.

2) Cables matter. The top of the line Atlantis blows away the next in line..Apollo. This was not subtle. I repeat ably switched them out and it was clear to all of us that Atlantis is superior.

The areas where I plugged in the grounding cables that made the most impact were the Allnic H5000 DHT phono stage. 2 cables for left and right input on one unused set of inputs on the phono stage. 2 cables for left and right input on my main preamp. This configuration yielded most improvement. We also tried a lesser set of cables for the main pre's output (L&R). The improvement seemed more subtle, but I suspect it has to do with using the more inferior Apollo cable set. All cables were spade on one end for the Tellus side and rca for the component side. I will note that one cable can be used for each component, but two is significantly better.

As everyone knows, I was skeptical of this approach, especially the cables. I am now a believer. I will be ordering one or two Silver Tellus boxes and 6 pairs of Atlantis rca to spade cables. The last component I tried was taking the cables from the phono and connecting them to my UHA Phase 11S deck. I used the Apollo model since they were longer and although still inferior to the Atlantis wires, demonstrated that the Tape deck output benefits from a clean signal ground. I can only imagine how this stuff sounds once settled into the system for a couple days. I can wait for my kit to arrive. That's it for now. Mike L...You will be blown away I suspect.

Last edited:

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
See my previous remark regarding Mike's system and 'grounding' plans: if I were in your position, I would give any of the Tripoint audio products a serious listen before making any final 'grounding' decisions. The quality of your system deserves it and if you do, you may very well be in for another surprise.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing