Entreq Tellus grounding

Genesis168

Jan 26, 2018
Toronto, Canada
They are connected to basically the ground of the component. In most cases the chassis is the ground of the component. They do not replace the electrical ground wire. It probably works as a clean ground reference for the signal.

Last edited:

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Ok and ty for your answer. Have you ever tried a ground wire to each component ne it starr or daisy chain ?
I like there products and do think they can have good benefits

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
The earth cables are intended to be connected to a spare input connection of the component concerned and thence to the ground box itself.
They can also be used very effectively between the negative speaker output terminals of an amp and two separate compartments of a Poseidon, or to two separate ground boxes, In my system that has been very effective. The Entreq website has guidance on that application.
The Olympus Tellus also has a dedicated post for the connection of an Entreq earth mains lead to a mains outlet which again is very effective.
As Genesis indicated they do not replace the earth of a component. They provide signal grounding not component grounding

Genesis168

Jan 26, 2018
Toronto, Canada
As previously said, these boxes work and make a considerable difference and more so an improvement to the sound. It's difficult not to be a believer after hearing it.

Simone

Jun 16, 2017
Despite grounding: has anybody experiences with the new Infinity line power cords from entreq ?

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I have upgraded two of my Apollo i/cs and some ground cables to Infinity which I am very pleased with but no pcs yet,
I would expect the pcs to benefit noticeably from an Infinity upgrade on the basis of the above experience

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
In my post 2819 I reported buying a Musical Bliss 6 way power block with an earth connection to hook up to an Entreq ground box.
I was advised that it needed 5-600 hours burn and it has taken all of that and more, but finally last week it got there.
It really is very good indeed. My system now sounds considerably better. The veils to the sound that even an Entreq Olympus, Poseidon and Olympus 10 didn't completely remove have now gone to be replaced by the music in all its unimpeded clarity and richness, The best comparison that comes to mind is a major turntable, arm and cartridge upgrade which reveals so much more of the music.
The synergy with the Entreq cables and ground boxes is total. Complete synergy.
I can hear the words on vocals so much more clearly now and pianos and violins have a wonderfully transparent and organic character.
It's only a small company but this product along with their blocks to put on top of power and interconnect cables are incredibly effective

Simone

Jun 16, 2017
Barry, the power block sounds really interesting. Do you have any links for further informations, prices, etc. I can not find anything about audio bliss in the WWW
Thx in advance Simone

shapo

Jul 5, 2018
Entreq just announced a new Ground Box called Olympus Infinity.

2018-08-06

New improved Olympus.
Olympus Infinity have the same new technology as we use in
our top selling Olympus 10. But since Olympus Infinity have 4 times more mass and 5 times more silver treated with the Infinity tech it give you a even more solid effect compared with OM 10.
Together with our Eartha Infinity cables you will find that your records/CD:s or steamed files have so much information and musicality you never heard before. This is our best groundbox so far.
We will start ship out Olympus Infinity in the end of Aug and will also have a special offer for you who already own a Olympus Mini.

26393887-nxjsK.jpg

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
A cautionary tale.
I mentioned earlier having to wait ages for my Musical Bliss power block to burn in and waiting for the sound to improve which it duly did
I was so pleased when it finally came on song that for a few days I didn't notice that a cable had come adrift. The Apollo earth cable from my Poseidon to the Vitus amp.
What a difference once reconnected and settled in!
The Entreq earthing really does make a difference as I was reminded in no uncertain way.

shapo

Jul 5, 2018
Anyone have thoughts/experiences with the Primer/Primer Pro Lineup?

I'm wondering about how the Ethernet or USB versions are.
71131355-rvJSb.jpg

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
I am currently home auditioning the CH Precision D1 CD/SACD Player. The D1 is configured for dual mono output as can be seen from the pic. What would be the best way to connect my Entreq Olympus Minimus to it? I only have a single Eartha Apollo Infinity RCA. My thoughts are to connect to the unused digital output RCA.

42660536.jpg

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi shapo
No personal experience but I was with Entreq's UK distributor a couple of months ago when he got a call from one of his dealers enthusing over the Prime USB cable and saying that it was far better than other more expensive competitors that he had used.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I am currently home auditioning the CH Precision D1 CD/SACD Player. The D1 is configured for dual mono output as can be seen from the pic. What would be the best way to connect my Entreq Olympus Minimus to it? I only have a single Eartha Apollo Infinity RCA. My thoughts are to connect to the unused digital output RCA.

View attachment 43972

I use the RCA digital input for my Apollo earth on my DCS Scarlatti transport and dual aes so what you propose should be fine for the CH Precision.
Let us know how it goes.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing