Tripoint troy signature grounding device

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Mike, in my own small way I’ve supercharged my grounding experience taking a couple of grnd boxes off the floor and onto my Symposium rack, but the crazy change has been the third grnd box on a Stacore Adv to share w my cdp.
I cannot easily reconcile the leap in agility and decluttering of lower mids/midbass I’m getting. But the subsequent liveliness is off the charts.
I have some idea how enjoyable you’re finding all this.

Last edited:

strapper211

Aug 6, 2013
Hi,
I am expecting my elite sometime in February,I can't wait.Right now I am using a Troy sig on my Lamm ML3 amps and another one on the front end(Line stage,Phono stage,Turntable,ETC).The Elite will go on the front end.
From field reports and what I have heard myself the elite is Miguel's finest work to date.The pioneer of serious grounding has done it again.
BRAVO!
Robert

strapper211

Aug 6, 2013
Hi,
I am expecting my elite sometime in February,I can't wait.Right now I am using a Troy sig on my Lamm ML3 amps and another one on the front end(Line stage,Phono stage,Turntable,ETC).The Elite will go on the front end.
From field reports and what I have heard myself the elite is Miguel's finest work to date.The pioneer of serious grounding has done it again.
BRAVO!
Robert

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Hi,
BRAVO! Robert

hi Robert,

congrats on the pending arrival of the Elite. I love what the Elite does for my sources, and agree it's Miguel's best work I have heard. got to just rock in a system with ML3's. I hope you can provide some feedback and pictures of your system when you receive the Elite. I strongly recommend you experiment with floor interface choices. in my case it has unleashed the potential of the Elite in my particular system. likely Miguel has some recs on that too.

cheers,

Mike

strapper211

Aug 6, 2013
Hi Mike,

I will post some pictures of the elite when it arrives and is placed.
With your level of system the Elite must be staggering.
I know Miguel is a perfectionist at voicing his products so I will tread lightly on making changes,but we will see.

Regards Robert

strapper211

Aug 6, 2013
Hi Mike,

I know Miguel is a perfectionist at voicing his products so I will tread lightly on making changes,but we will see.

Regards Robert

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Sawasdee Mike,

Have you ever used the small brass discs that came with the Tripoints. How exactly were your Tripoints rest on the floor before you put the Headpoint footers under them?

Kind regards,
Tang

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
image.jpg

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Hi Mike,

Regards Robert

so grounding now is voiced?

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Sawasdee Mike,

Have you ever used the small brass discs that came with the Tripoints. How exactly were your Tripoints rest on the floor before you put the Headpoint footers under them?

Kind regards,
Tang

hello Tang,

yes; I tried those small brass discs with both the Troy Signature, and Elite. when sitting next to my sources, I used a heavy dense BDR shelf, sitting on large Walker pucks through the carpet. I did like the Troy Signature on it's stock footers and those small brass discs best this way sitting on the BDR shelf. I preferred the Elite directly onto the concrete with it's (3) large heavy brass spikes to the small bass discs on top of the BDR shelf. the stock footers on the Troy Sig don't really allow the through the carpet choice. and there is 4 of them, so getting those to be solid through carpet would be an issue.

later when I moved the Troy Signature to the amps, I then started out with the stock footers onto the brass discs, sitting on my wood composite over concrete floor, and liked it a lot.

and then even later I first tried the Hardpoint Serene footers under the Troy Sig, and then a few days afterwards the Hardpoint Trinia's under the Elite (now back on the BDR/Walker cone sandwich). both of which took me to a remarkable new performance level....as I've posted about.

so those brass discs are very fine sounding......but there is more to be found beyond.....likely very system dependent.

and I view all this as a journey down the path of musical righteousness, stopping to smell the flowers here and there. and it's my own path. no absolute truths found anywhere near here.

best regards,

Mike

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
that's an Entreq weight? right?

Yep...and they work well in our system. We have 6 really big ones...4 on the Wilsons and 2 on top of the TA Opus 5 speaker cable network boxes.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
that's an Entreq weight? right?

Yup, the Entreq Vibbeater . This is the Jumbo , they come in varying sizes and weight . Particularly effective here due to the recessed nature of the Troy's top surface . I think LL21 uses a weight as well on top his Troy . Provides better focus and clarity . I find the HRS brick below to help in providing a better floor interface to the Stillpoint stand .

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
and I view all this as a journey down the path of musical righteousness, stopping to smell the flowers here and there. and it's my own path. no absolute truths found anywhere near here.

Thank you Mike. I have been putting my Tripoints spike through the carpet. I think I will first order some granite slabs to put the Tripoints on with brass discs and see how it goes from there.

I am allergic to pollens. So I will take a path that has coffee shop along the way to stop and smell the coffee here and there instead :D. You can wait for me at the destination.

Kind regards,
Tang

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Thank you Mike. I have been putting my Tripoints spike through the carpet. I think I will first order some granite slabs to put the Tripoints on with brass discs and see how it goes from there.

I am allergic to pollens. So I will take a path that has coffee shop along the way to stop and smell the coffee here and there instead :D. You can wait for me at the destination.

Kind regards,
Tang

Tang,

when you get those granite slabs, make sure you have some 'tall enough-sharp' spikes beneath them to ground them through the carpet to the subfloor. then stand on the slab to lock it down. likely that's already your plan, but just say'n. that will give you a stable surface to then properly compare floor interface choices.

too bad about the pollen, but enjoy the coffee.:D funny; I live in Seattle and don't drink coffee, you live in the tropics, and avoid flowers.

best regards,

Mike

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Tang, did you receive the Tripoint Elite? If so, any experiences to share with the WBF members?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Yup, the Entreq Vibbeater . This is the Jumbo , they come in varying sizes and weight . Particularly effective here due to the recessed nature of the Troy's top surface . I think LL21 uses a weight as well on top his Troy . Provides better focus and clarity . I find the HRS brick below to help in providing a better floor interface to the Stillpoint stand .

Yes, I have in fact been experimenting here so will be very interested to go thru the posts here, and also see how Tang does with his experiment. Here is where i am at the moment:

1. On the same shelf (4" birch ply on top of 1.5" slate), we have Zanden PSU and Burmester 948 Power Conditioner, and Tripoint Troy)
2. For both Zanden and Burmester...I have found using a combination of HRS Nimbus Couplers (aluminum + elastomer-like rubber) with Stillpoints Ultra 6s is great.
3. HOWEVER, I only just discovered that putting the Nimbus Couplers UNDER the Ultra 6s is far better than ON TOP (ie, directly under each component). In my non-techie mind, it is both the improved contact between the Ultra 6s 'pockets' and the unit...but also the fact that the Nimbus Couplers are actually being put to better use by absorbing vibration COMING UP FROM THE FLOOR. There is a residual hardness/thinness that i get in my system without this configuration.

4. As a result, my current Tripoint is ONLY mass dampened (not enough footers!)...Artesania damping plate plus Ultra 5s on top with some weight.

5. I am now trying to figure out how to isolate the Tripoint with not only Ultra 5s but ALSO Nimbus Couplers to see if that is more successful than my brief trial with ONLY Ultra 5s.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Tang, did you receive the Tripoint Elite? If so, any experiences to share with the WBF members?
They are running late. Hopefully I will receive the Elite next month.

Tang

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing