The quest for quiet mouse and keyboard.

S T E V E

Jul 29, 2013
Just want to share this with you.
But first let me clarify, i said "Quiet" not "Silent" or "Noise less" okay?

For years i stuck with keyboard and mouse that made annoying sound until 2 weeks ago i decided to do something about it.
Search on line i saw few that are well made and advertised as quiet or silent...but the down side is they are expensive, a keyboard could run up to $250 and mouse for $100. I'm a cheap @$$ guy so i searched some more.
This is what i end up with:

Gearhead KB2500U keyboard $10 +/-
Tuscani HD-M35S $15 +/-
both shipping included.

note: the keyboard is look cheap and it does miss a word here and there, if you are a hardcore type writer or looking for perfection then stay away from this one. It does works for me because i don't type that much and slow...plus cost less and quiet to my comfort level.
The mouse however is perfect for me, BUT... do reconsider it if you have a HUGE hand.

Matt193

Mar 21, 2011
Wisconsin
I have a $10 Lenovo keyboard on my garage rig and that thing is pretty much silent. You may want to check one out in the future.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
I love my Logitech M510 mouse. It glides very well and makes for a good editing tool. Plus the batteries seem to last for ever.

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
I love my Logitech M510 mouse. It glides very well and makes for a good editing tool. Plus the batteries seem to last for ever.

I have a corded Logitech G5 gamer mouse with a Logitech ultraflat illuminated keyboard. I started to say that the mouse is the "cat's meow", but something about that just doesn't seem to sound right for some reason. Anyway, the setup is extremely quiet, but not inexpensive.

Matt193

Mar 21, 2011
Wisconsin
This is the keyboard I have. It's not in stock or on sale right now but if you keep an eye on slickdeals, they have very good deals quite often. You might be able to snag one of the better keyboards for a similar price point.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I bought a Logitech K800 keyboard (wireless and backlit) about a year ago. Wonderful tactile feel to it and battery life is really good. I use an older Logitech M705 mouse and it's ok, but I'm looking for something else.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing