Absolare launch in Mexico

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I am invited to attend the Absolare launch in Mexico tomorrow, same dealer as for Meitner, JRDG, Raidho and partners of SORA sound. I will post my listening notes as soon as I return from this event!

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Very transparent, fast, detailed presentarion - still breaking in amps. Raidho speakers tonaly correct, low distorted and nice looking.

Not sure if these are for me...

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I've had more additional days to "digest" the Absolare/Raidho/EMM Labs demo last week down here, it was indeed a privilege to attend to the Absolare launch and assess a fine evenning.

I came back to listen some of the cuts I heard that day in my system, I could easily pinpoint the differences and in a way confirmed my own bias towards music reproduction - the Absolare/Raidho combo was a very revealing, transparent, exact and low distorted presentation - I could immediatly heard the Jadis "colour" and the slightly slowness of the Avalons, benefiting on a more rounded and involving performance.

I also heard the Quantum AC treatment system, but that merits another thread!

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
I just wanted to say thanks for posting...I have a friend that has a Absolare pre, I've heard it, and it's fantastic in his system...

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I've had more additional days to "digest" the Absolare/Raidho/EMM Labs demo last week down here, it was indeed a privilege to attend to the Absolare launch and assess a fine evenning.

I came back to listen some of the cuts I heard that day in my system, I could easily pinpoint the differences and in a way confirmed my own bias towards music reproduction - the Absolare/Raidho combo was a very revealing, transparent, exact and low distorted presentation - I could immediatly heard the Jadis "colour" and the slightly slowness of the Avalons, benefiting on a more rounded and involving performance.

I also heard the Quantum AC treatment system, but that merits another thread!

Which Quantum AC treatment? I have the Nordost QX4 which I really like quite a bit.

arnies

May 10, 2010
Austin, TX
Is it the previous or the new model the one he has jfrech?

Hi flez,

I am the person that jfrech is referring to who has the Absolare preamp. It is the most current top end model and is the Absolare Passion Balanced Signature Edition. I use it paired with VTL Siegfried Series 2 mono block amps. Let me know if you have any questions - happy to answer.

Thanks, Arnie

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Which Quantum AC treatment? I have the Nordost QX4 which I really like quite a bit.

Exactly that one Lloyd, I heard the whole system including the bar, the units for unused slots and many boxes between components, quite amazing results! (sorry for the misleading product name - my brain with Mezcal that day were not compatible) :)

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Hi flez,

I am the person that jfrech is referring to who has the Absolare preamp. It is the most current top end model and is the Absolare Passion Balanced Signature Edition. I use it paired with VTL Siegfried Series 2 mono block amps. Let me know if you have any questions - happy to answer.

Thanks, Arnie

Thanks Arnie, I liked the preamps I heard down here (also the new model), the distributor mentioned that he also liked the previous model (not sure if he referred it as a prototype) and that is why I was asking. Enjoy your preamp, it is a great unit!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Exactly that one Lloyd, I heard the whole system including the bar, the units for unused slots and many boxes between components, quite amazing results! (sorry for the misleading product name - my brain with Mezcal that day were not compatible) :)

Good stuff. I heard it with Roy Gregory when he was with Nordost, and stopped by for a quick audition...took about half a second on the first drum thwack. It does something in my system which I have not been able to replicated with any other tweaks. Happy to speak offline if you wish so as not to bore everyone with details. But in essence, I always like to speak about a piece of contrapuntal music with one instrument playing 1, 3, 5, 7 and another playing 2, 4, 6, 8. On even great systems, you hear the odd notes and the even notes perfectly and distinctly. But it is with the Nordost QX4 that you easily and instantly realize the musicians actually intended to show you 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8...weird, but those kinds of contrapuntal themes and other elements become obvious to figure out. And when you go back, you have no idea why it did not occur to you when you first heard the music without the QX4. That is the best way I can describe it...clearer, cleaner, more extended...I am not convinced these are descriptive words that actually fit. The music somehow is more organized...and that has something I presume to do with timing cues and maybe some element of speed? Cannot say.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Good stuff. I heard it with Roy Gregory when he was with Nordost, and stopped by for a quick audition...took about half a second on the first drum thwack. It does something in my system which I have not been able to replicated with any other tweaks. Happy to speak offline if you wish so as not to bore everyone with details. But in essence, I always like to speak about a piece of contrapuntal music with one instrument playing 1, 3, 5, 7 and another playing 2, 4, 6, 8. On even great systems, you hear the odd notes and the even notes perfectly and distinctly. But it is with the Nordost QX4 that you easily and instantly realize the musicians actually intended to show you 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8...weird, but those kinds of contrapuntal themes and other elements become obvious to figure out. And when you go back, you have no idea why it did not occur to you when you first heard the music without the QX4. That is the best way I can describe it...clearer, cleaner, more extended...I am not convinced these are descriptive words that actually fit. The music somehow is more organized...and that has something I presume to do with timing cues and maybe some element of speed? Cannot say.

Roy's not with Nordost any more?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Roy's not with Nordost any more?

I actually do not know for sure. What I do know is that a while ago I got a bounceback from his nordost email, and Marc Michelson kindly gave me a different one.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Hi flez,

Thanks, Arnie

Arnie,

Does your preamplifier have a balancing output transformer? What were the main changes you experienced versus the VTL 7.5?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing