Options for getting 4 way fromthe DEQX

almikel

Sep 18, 2010
Hi Guys,
as previously posted I'm about to upgrade my speakers to a Synergy 2 way (down to 300Hz), stereo pair of sealed Midbass (50Hz-300Hz, and tapped horn (20Hz -50 Hz).
I'll keep my current HDP3 DEQX as the main pre-amp/Xover, but need to add an extra Xover to make it 4 way.

As much as I'd love to buy the new HDP4 and daisy chain it to my HDP3, funds won't allow it.

My thought was to add a MiniDSP2x4 after the DEQX.

Would it be better to use the MiniDSP to:
option 1) split the high output of the DEQX to the Synergy compression tweeter and mid, or
option 2) use the MiniDSP to split the low output of the DEQX between the Mid Bass boxes and the tapped horn?

Where are the DEQX capabilities best used?

I could still do DEQX calibration in either option provided I had the MiniDSPin circuit for measurements.

cheers
Mike

Nyal Mellor

Industry Expert
Jul 14, 2010
SF Bay Area, CA, USA
Use it on the lows. The MiniDSP is amazing for the price but I would not use it for mid and high frequencies as it is not sonically on par with the DEQX, as one would expect from the price difference.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing