5 New Albums To Exlpore

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Got my second Feedband subscription...The Vliets...really liking this one and the purple marbled vinyl is tres chic:

Rhye "Woman"

Charles Bradley "Victim of Love" -- Like this one even better than his debut...and that was a great LP. Backed by the Menahan Street Band

Deerhunter "Monomania" - Not the masterpiece of "Halcyon Digest" but still very good...more grungy

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Got my second Feedband subscription...The Vliets...really liking this one and the purple marbled vinyl is tres chic:

Rhye "Woman"

Charles Bradley "Victim of Love" -- Like this one even better than his debut...and that was a great LP. Backed by the Menahan Street Band

Deerhunter "Monomania" - Not the masterpiece of "Halcyon Digest" but still very good...more grungy

Damn nice bunch!!!!! BTW, I thought I would report the Jake Bugg album is excellent and is in heavy rotation. I will be
buying tix to seem him in San Diego in the fall.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Damn nice bunch!!!!! BTW, I thought I would report the Jake Bugg album is excellent and is in heavy rotation. I will be
buying tix to seem him in San Diego in the fall.

Missing his concert here...have to work. Bummer!

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Really like The Orange Peels' new one "Sun Moon" and The Menahan Street Band's "The Crossing". Both are also pretty good sonically.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Really like The Orange Peels' new one "Sun Moon" and The Menahan Street Band's "The Crossing". Both are also pretty good sonically.

Will check those out.

Just got a nice CD stash...

Mavis Stapes: One True Vine
Mavis Staples: You Are Not Alone
Marc-Antoine Charp.: Te Deum (Harmonia Mundi) Thanks ack!

And on a whim I bought both Florence & the Machine CDs after seeing her Unplugged.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Will check those out.

Just got a nice CD stash...

Mavis Stapes: One True Vine
Mavis Staples: You Are Not Alone
Marc-Antoine Charp.: Te Deum (Harmonia Mundi) Thanks ack!

And on a whim I bought both Florence & the Machine CDs after seeing her Unplugged.

Ha! This thread is costing me a bundle. Going to hell....cocktails at 5!

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
five recent favs on vinyl
cocorosie - tales of a crass widow
efterklang - the piramida concert
the fall - 13 killers
cabaret voltaire - red mecca
scientest - scientific dub

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Got this today:

I'm in love...

BTW, she's on Letterman tonight!

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Just ordered "The Kills -Live" and the 180 gm reissue of The White Stripes "Elephant" from Third Man Records (Jack White's label). Little nervous because prior releases have been disappointing sonically. Hopefully the blowback has improved the QC. Will report back soon....

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Just ordered "The Kills -Live" and the 180 gm reissue of The White Stripes "Elephant" from Third Man Records (Jack White's label). Little nervous because prior releases have been disappointing sonically. Hopefully the blowback has improved the QC. Will report back soon....

Just received my Dawes CDs. I ordered the first two after falling in love with Stories Don't End.

Also go the new KT Tunstall and the 24 bit downloads of NIN.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Just received my Dawes CDs. I ordered the first two after falling in love with Stories Don't End.

Also go the new KT Tunstall and the 24 bit downloads of NIN.

And??? How do you like the KT and NIN albums...been contemplating those.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
And??? How do you like the KT and NIN albums...been contemplating those.

Love the KT. I think its her best yet. The NIN is ok...so far...a bit self derivative. I am not hearing anything new.

And they made a big deal about the mastering. I have the 24/48 download and it is not a great sounding album..very
synthetic.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Little follow up on the Valerie June LP...at least my copy of the vinyl is sonically not too good. Really like the material but I'd probably go digital on this one...

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Little follow up on the Valerie June LP...at least my copy of the vinyl is sonically not too good. Really like the material but I'd probably go digital on this one...

The 24/48 DL is very good. I always say an album will generally sound best in its native format, but of course there are exceptions.

Picked up Volcano Choir too. Also Ty Segall. That one is really cool.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Looking forward to these upcoming releases:

Mark Lanegan "Imitations"
http://marklanegan.com/

Head & The Heart "Let's Be Still"
http://www.theheadandtheheart.com/

Shearwater "Fellow Travelers"
http://shearwatermusic.com/

Nirvana "In Utero 20th Anniversary"
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E7SXRHY?tag=ilovethatsong-20

I'm all over that Mark Lanegan. This is his second cove album...curious.

If they do to In Utero what they did to Nevermind, all bets are are off. That massively compressed
piece of **** was a rip off....The MFSL are the ones to have.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing