Page 103 of 104 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1040

Thread: Herzan/Table Stable "Active" Isolation table.

hi
    I'm Parviz Bratloo. I am a mechanical engineer. I have bought an anti-vibrational table ts-150. And I use it for atomic force microscopy. Do I need to always keep the lines? I have fixed, because when I hit, I move a bit and Fixed.[ATTACH]42559
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Taiko Audio View Post
    Ok, I'll admit to having disassembled a TS-150 in a very early stage, out of curiosity, which is something nobody should do as I ended up having to return it to the factory for recalibration Without specifically focusing on this particular subject, I was more interested in the motor assemblies at that time, I did count at least 12 sensors, it's quite possible there are more, they are located on both the top plate and bottom structure. Which sensor serves which function I do not know and did not investigate.
    What is the error system?

Quote Originally Posted by Reid.Whitney View Post
    Hello All,

My name is Reid Whitney and I work with the company Herzan. I have been given the incredible opportunity to work with Mike Lavigne and Christian (Rockitman) on delivering active vibration isolation tables for their premium turn table systems. They have both been very helpful and generous in their feedback on our systems.

I wanted to reach out to this thread and share our gratitude for the kind words being shared and let everyone know that I will be happy to answer any questions or provide any information needed. Please feel free to use my as a resource, should it be of service to you.

Thank you again for all of your feedback.
    I was very happy to meet you. I have a system TS-150

Interesting tech and results. I wonder if anyone did cost benefit analysis such as to say, for example - If I had an $8K TT and $2K cartridge and bought a Herzan at $12K for a total of $22K how would that compare in sound versus steps up in the TT line to, say a $14K TT and $5K cartridge with, say Stillpoint Ultra 5s @ $3K = $22K? Point being - is it worth the $12K for the Herzan versus stepping up your equipment? Those with unlimited funds or extreme budgets will undoubtedly state, "yes" but for us common folk would be interesting to know.
    3x20A circuits | PS Audio PPP | Music PC (DEQ, HQPlayer, Roon) | HDPLex LPSU -> UltraCap LPS-1 -> Sonore Ultrarendu D->D | Aqua Acoustic Quality Formula DAC | Purity Audio Silver Statement preamp | Wells Audio Innamorata amp (mid/tweet) | Musical Fidelity A3CR amp (woofers)| Usher BE20D speakers with GR Research upgrade | 2: JL Audio F113 subs | JPS Labs SC3 ICs + Aluminata/SC2 SCs | Stillpoints, BD cones | Custom birch rack | Fully treated + dedicated 2 channel room)

Quote Originally Posted by sbo6 View Post
    Interesting tech and results. I wonder if anyone did cost benefit analysis such as to say, for example - If I had an $8K TT and $2K cartridge and bought a Herzan at $12K for a total of $22K how would that compare in sound versus steps up in the TT line to, say a $14K TT and $5K cartridge with, say Stillpoint Ultra 5s @ $3K = $22K? Point being - is it worth the $12K for the Herzan versus stepping up your equipment? Those with unlimited funds or extreme budgets will undoubtedly state, "yes" but for us common folk would be interesting to know.
    I'm not sure the Herzan is right under every turntable. I've read great results for electronics, but depending on the design of the turntable, it may not have a positive effect on sonics.
    My system link on WBF: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-Sublime-Sound
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, My Sonic Labs Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum, MINT LP protractor
    Electronics: Pass Labs XA160.5 amp, XP-22 preamp, XP-25 phono, Cables: Transparent REF XL MM2,
    Speakers: Magico Q3, Magico Mini II, Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes, Dedicated circuits

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    I'm not sure the Herzan is right under every turntable. I've read great results for electronics, but depending on the design of the turntable, it may not have a positive effect on sonics.
    Understood Peter. You could apply the comparison above to whatever component(s) you chose - DAC or amp or preamp etc. + Herzan versus no Herzan and spend $12K originally slated for Herzan on better component(s) previously under Herzan.
    3x20A circuits | PS Audio PPP | Music PC (DEQ, HQPlayer, Roon) | HDPLex LPSU -> UltraCap LPS-1 -> Sonore Ultrarendu D->D | Aqua Acoustic Quality Formula DAC | Purity Audio Silver Statement preamp | Wells Audio Innamorata amp (mid/tweet) | Musical Fidelity A3CR amp (woofers)| Usher BE20D speakers with GR Research upgrade | 2: JL Audio F113 subs | JPS Labs SC3 ICs + Aluminata/SC2 SCs | Stillpoints, BD cones | Custom birch rack | Fully treated + dedicated 2 channel room)

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    I think you'll find the Herzan is icing on the cake.
    But you're better off sorting out the cake first.
    I cannot imagine a Herzan making up for poor choice of arm or cart, these need to be gotten right first.
    Then and only then, if you're happy w the overall sound but want to take things up a level, should you consider a Herzan.
    The comparison from cheaper tt/arm/cart on a Herzan v $12k pricier tt/arm/cart not on a Herzan is a false one, IMHO.
    Then again, my Stacore passive platform is so invaluable go my tt setup that I consider it part of the tt, and not a separate tweak.

Quote Originally Posted by sbo6 View Post
    Understood Peter. You could apply the comparison above to whatever component(s) you chose - DAC or amp or preamp etc. + Herzan versus no Herzan and spend $12K originally slated for Herzan on better component(s) previously under Herzan.
    That becomes an interesting question. After the audition of my $2K Vibraplanes, it was an easy decision, under my amps, and turntable. Probably the same for some low to mid tier power cord. It becomes a much more interesting question when discussing expensive racks and active isolation. Some even ask the question about expensive ultra sonic RCMs.

Another comparison is between a stereo amp on a Herzan versus two monoblocks for the same cost. One would have to audition the options or do a direct comparison to know for sure and I bet it would be very hard to generalize about outcomes for other scenarios.
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, My Sonic Labs Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum, MINT LP protractor
    Electronics: Pass Labs XA160.5 amp, XP-22 preamp, XP-25 phono, Cables: Transparent REF XL MM2,
    Speakers: Magico Q3, Magico Mini II, Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes, Dedicated circuits

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    That becomes an interesting question. After the audition of my $2K Vibraplanes, it was an easy decision, under my amps, and turntable. Probably the same for some low to mid tier power cord. It becomes a much more interesting question when discussing expensive racks and active isolation. Some even ask the question about expensive ultra sonic RCMs.

Another comparison is between a stereo amp on a Herzan versus two monoblocks for the same cost. One would have to audition the options or do a direct comparison to know for sure and I bet it would be very hard to generalize about outcomes for other scenarios.
    I think it's important to point out how important it is to be very specific here when we talk about the benefits of the Herzan verses the Herzan/Table Stable combined with the Taiko Tana mods including their Linear Power Supply.

a 'naked' Herzan TS unit with it's SMPS (switch mode power supply) likely has a net gain for most turntables. the positives outweigh the negatives.

but if you eliminate the negatives, and dramatically increase the positives with the Taiko Tana mods + LPS; now you have a game-changing effect on most turntables.

broad brushes about benefits of active resonance attenuation are cause for confusion.
    Wave Kin. NVS tt, AS-2000 ord. (2) Durand Telos (1-Sapphire) arms, CA Gold Stat, Ort Anna carts, -2- Studer A-820 RTR (1/4" + 1/2").*MSB Select II dac w/33 Femto clock + mono powerbases, SGM serv + (2x) 30 tb NAS. *darT NHB-18NS w/2 phonos, King-Cello. *dart 458 mono blocks. EA MM7. *Equi=tech 10WQ, (10) Abso Fid PC & (2) Evo Acou PC. *Evo Acou 12' TRSC and 8m + 1.25m 'zeel' ic's, *Tripoint Troy Sig + Elite, Entreq Sil Tel + Pos, *Herzan TS-140 & TS-150, Wave Kin. A10 U8's + 2NS, Adona GTX.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lavigne View Post
    I think it's important to point out how important it is to be very specific here when we talk about the benefits of the Herzan verses the Herzan/Table Stable combined with the Taiko Tana mods including their Linear Power Supply.

a 'naked' Herzan TS unit with it's SMPS (switch mode power supply) likely has a net gain for most turntables. the positives outweigh the negatives.

but if you eliminate the negatives, and dramatically increase the positives with the Taiko Tana mods + LPS; now you have a game-changing effect on most turntables.

broad brushes about benefits of active resonance attenuation are cause for confusion.
    Mike, will you be putting your AS2000 on the Taiko Tana? What is the total cost of the Herzan with full Taiko mods + LPS? And would this outweigh the difference between say a low model VPI or SME or any other brand and one that is higher up in the line? This is the question for those who can not afford an expensive table/arm/cartridge plus the tricked out active isolation.

Page 103 of 104 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104 LastLast