Wilson Watt puppy 6 with the Focal tweeter

Wiros

Mar 19, 2013
Netherlands
Salve
As i am new on this forum i would like to start with my first questin.

Some one offers me a mint pair of Wilson Audio Watt Puppys 6 with te Focal tweeter installed.What would be a fair price for this pair?

Thanks for your answers

Wim

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Well just going off of Audiogon, I'd say around $6k USD I'm sure it would be slightly higher in the Netherlands.

Wiros

Mar 19, 2013
Netherlands
Thanks for your answers. The asking price is 6.500,= Euro.
I would like to replace my Magnepans 1.6. The other gear is Pre: Spectral DMC 30S, amp : Spectral DMA 180/2, Audio research CD 5,and all MIT Oracle cables.Do you think it will be a good *change*. I am not so familiair with the Wilson Audio speakers.
Wim

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
.Do you think it will be a good *change*. I am not so familiair with the Wilson Audio speakers.
Wim

Well to be honest I never liked the Wilson sound until the W/P 7 and Sophia came out. I felt they were too bright/forward and fatiguing.

I'd certainly ask for a demo.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Salve
As i am new on this forum i would like to start with my first questin.

Some one offers me a mint pair of Wilson Audio Watt Puppys 6 with te Focal tweeter installed.What would be a fair price for this pair?

Thanks for your answers

Wim

Wim,
What do you mean by with the Focal tweeter installed? Are the current tweeters non Wilson Audio replacements?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
You would be better served spending the extra to get a w/p 8. They changed the tweeter after w/p 7 and used the same focal inverted dome used in the Maxx 2 speaker. They are the most coherent of all the watt puppies excluding Sasha w/p.

http://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/607wilson

In Europe an Wilson 8 will cost more than the double of a Wilson 6. The Wilson 6 is usually the considered an excellent buy - not much more than the 5, but a lot better, and much less cost than the 7 or 8.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
In Europe an Wilson 8 will cost more than the double of a Wilson 6. The Wilson 6 is usually the considered an excellent buy - not much more than the 5, but a lot better, and much less cost than the 7 or 8.

Okay, that's a bummer. I also feel bad for the cyprian's...EU trying to steal a percentage of bank deposits. What's next, hi-end audio surtax ? I digress though...

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
You would be better served spending the extra to get a w/p 8. They changed the tweeter after w/p 7 and used the same focal inverted dome used in the Maxx 2 speaker. They are the most coherent of all the watt puppies excluding Sasha w/p.

http://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/607wilson

The Sasha Tweeter is also used in the Maxx3...how much better is supposed to be? I have heard it, and i do think it is even better than the Maxx2 Tweeter, but would appreciate other thoughts...including other technical observations of any measurements people might have seen.

Wiros

Mar 19, 2013
Netherlands
Thanks for your input :)I think i stay away from WP 6 : to old. May be i have to save a bit more money for other speakers >

Wim

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
The Sasha Tweeter is also used in the Maxx3...how much better is supposed to be? I have heard it, and i do think it is even better than the Maxx2 Tweeter, but would appreciate other thoughts...including other technical observations of any measurements people might have seen.

Hi i went from Maxx 2's to 3's a few years ago. The Maxx 3's tweeter is more relaxed and natural...but a bit higher resolution to. It's clearly a improvement. That said I had no desire to sell my Maxx 2's until I heard the Maxx 3's side by side in Dave Wilson's home with my dealer. All I can say is it's clearly a better speaker ;-)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi i went from Maxx 2's to 3's a few years ago. The Maxx 3's tweeter is more relaxed and natural...but a bit higher resolution to. It's clearly a improvement. ;-)

Thanks! Very good to know!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing