Would having the ability to finance your next pair of High End speakers be a factor in your buying decision?

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
By working my butt off and sweating all the life of me.
Please let me know.
Where did you live while working your butt off?
And how did you finance your then current living AND at the same time put away enough to safe for your own home?

I was risen the same way: first earn the money before you can spend it.
So I worked all my school and University holidays from age 12 up to finance my hobbies and luxuries:
First motorcycles, then a car, but it was always hifi and music that interested me the most.
My friend M spoilt me VERY early for HiFi and music :eek:

So with this educational background, I had to gasp very hard and adjust to the notion of having depts for the first time in my life, when I could take over my parents house with the old mortgages and due to necessary renovations and paying out my sister, even adding up a lot more new mortgages.
The cost of living and especially of habitation are extremely expensive in my country o_O
I'm extremely grateful that I was able to take over the house. I feel very privileged :oops:

Reactions: bonzo75

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Did you inherit a lot of money to pay for your house or did you inherit the house itself?
Here in my country, building plots or houses are so expensive that normally even double income couples can hardly ever buy their own houses or buy the plots and build houses :eek:
How did you manage that?
You should try it here in Hong Kong, where a car park space sells for almost 1 million USD.....:eek:

Reactions: sujay

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Please let me know.
Where did you live while working your butt off?
And how did you finance your then current living AND at the same time put away enough to safe for your own home?

I was risen the same way: first earn the money before you can spend it.
So I worked all my school and University holidays from age 12 up to finance my hobbies and luxuries:
First motorcycles, then a car, but it was always hifi and music that interested me the most.
My friend M spoilt me VERY early for HiFi and music :eek:

So with this educational background, I had to gasp very hard and adjust to the notion of having debts for the first time in my life, when I could take over my parents house with the old mortgages and due to necessary renovations and paying out my sister, even adding up a lot more new mortgages.
The cost of living and especially of habitation are extremely expensive in my country o_O
I'm extremely grateful that I was able to take over the house. I feel very privileged :oops:

I lived in Canada all my life. I might send you a book or three...my life's story.

Would having the ability to finance your next pair of High End speakers be a factor in your buying decision?

No.

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing