Worst NBA Draft Pick

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
On the eve of the NBA draft, who do you think was the worst pick by any team over the years.

For me, it could be Michael Olowokandi by the Clippers -- or since I'm a Knicks/Nets fan -- it could be the Knick's pick of Kenny "Sky" Walker.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Oh man, thanks for starting this thread. I forgot the draft is this afternoon. I'm going to leave my office to watch it.

And what a great idea for a thread. I've had a standing joke with my friends that the Warriors, our beloved team here in Oakland, have the all-time druggie starting lineup, with the likes of Michael Ray Richardson and Chris Washburn.

Washburn is a candidate for the worst pick, but Olowokandi is hard to beat. Other names that come to mind, at least in recent drafts: Adam Morrison, Darko Milicic, Kwame Brown (he's almost up there with Olowokandi, since both were taken #1.

Actually, the worst draft pick (for a different reason than just being a bust) has to be Sam Bowie. Portland could have had MJ.

Last edited:

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Oh man, thanks for starting this thread. I forgot the draft is this afternoon. I'm going to leave my office to watch it.

And what a great idea for a thread. I've had a standing joke with my friends that the Warriors, our beloved team here in Oakland, have the all-time druggie starting lineup, with the likes of Michael Ray Richardson and Greg Washburn.

Washburn is a candidate for the worst pick, but Olowokandi is hard to beat. Other names that come to mind, at least in recent drafts: Adam Morrison, Darko Milicic, Kwame Brown (he's almost up there with Olowokandi, since both were taken #1.

Actually, the worst draft pick (for a different reason than just being a bust) has to be Sam Bowie. Portland could have had MJ.

Kind of like the Dallas Cowboys at one time being South America's team :)

Milicic is laughing his way to the bank! He spent part of season collecting splinters on the Knicks bench last year. Believe it or not, it took D'Antoni 20 games to realize Milicic was the biggest stiff since Tom Boerwinkle :)

Don't forget the Knicks could have had Kobe.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Mel Counts. Now, there's a misnomer.

Yeah remember him playing with the Lakers if correct with Chamberlain? A 7 footer that wanted to shoot 20 foot jump shots before Nowitzki made it popular :)

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Incomplete on the Nets-rumors are they will package and trade their top pick.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I was a HUGE Pacers fan and I was extremely excited for the 1996 Draft. The Draft that in recent memory has probably produced the most number of franchise players. Then the Pacers go and select Eric Dampier. WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Below Dampier were Peja and high school kids, Kobe and Jermain O'Neal as well as many guys who became well known role players. They should have gone for Peja.

Oh well.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
I've had a standing joke with my friends that the Warriors, our beloved team here in Oakland, have the all-time druggie starting lineup, with the likes of Michael Ray Richardson and Chris Washburn.

Washburn is a candidate for the worst pick...

Interesting and sad story posted today at yahoo regarding Chris Washburn.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing