World's Smartest Dog?

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Very good , the dog is smart . I have a roddy/ lab mix not that smart but the garbage pal opens and knocked over if we do not pu it on the porch. Funny video I wonder what else the dog is doing besides that.

Al

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
We once had an Australian Shepard/Coyote mix that was probably that cunning. Kelly went shopping one day, and he thought I went, too. As soon as the car started, he went for the kitchen garbage can. He was shocked when he discovered that I was still at home. :D

Shortly after our first son was born, the dog unscrewed a bottle of Parlodel that he somehow took from a high shelf, and ate the remainder of the prescription. The bottle didn't have a mark on it, except he didn't put the cap back on. He survived, but died of renal failure a few years later. I have always wondered if his Parlodel overdose contributed to his untimely death.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Not really. If he was really smart then he would have put everything back the way he found it. :)

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Could have been an UES dog waiting for the nanny to put everything back ;)

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I now have four dogs, one of which is a beagle mix named Vinnie Bag of Doughnuts. Vinnie is a trash picker and he doesn't even have the courtesy to wait until we leave home. Vinnie knows how to open cabinet doors and drawers and he is always checking the garbage can under the kitchen sink to see if there is anything there that interests him.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
That's really cute. I have to say, dogs do surprise me on how smart they can be relative to our expectations. The other day we had our 3 month old puppy behind this gate that has four rotating screws that creates the tension to keep it against the door frame. I come over and saw him sitting down and as if he has hands, unrotating the screws with his nose to get out! Not pushing, not jumping over, but trying to dismantle it to get out.

I can't imagine how good he is going to get at this when he gets older. I told my wife one day if she had a really hard math problem, she could give it to him to solve. :D

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
That's really cute. I have to say, dogs do surprise me on how smart they can be relative to our expectations. The other day we had our 3 month old puppy behind this gate that has four rotating screws that creates the tension to keep it against the door frame. I come over and saw him sitting down and as if he has hands, unrotating the screws with his nose to get out! Not pushing, not jumping over, but trying to dismantle it to get out.

I can't imagine how good he is going to get at this when he gets older. I told my wife one day if she had a really hard math problem, she could give it to him to solve. :D

Maybe he's got a career ahead as a speaker designer! :)

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
There is a video on the net of a dog playing air hockey yes with a stick. The dog was depicted as having a much higher capicity of thinking for a dog. It's really cool if you can find.

Al

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
Maybe he's got a career ahead as a speaker designer! :)

Or, maybe he'll even get a patent on a radical new cable idea that is at least 50% better than all the others! :D

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Or, maybe he'll even get a patent on a radical new cable idea that is at least 50% better than all the others! :D

Yeah, and he will have a patent he doesn't want to talk about either except to say he has a patent.

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
Yeah, and he will have a patent he doesn't want to talk about either except to say he has a patent.
They can hear things we can't, you know.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Bet the speaker will have the best woofers you ever heard too! ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing