Why does Boulder sound Sterile with Wilson but Natural and Organic with Magnepan?

caesar

May 30, 2010
Anyone understand why this is the case? Boulder is a "science-first" company, so someone must have a rational explanation

divertiti

Jan 12, 2021
That's a pretty broad statement to make. What is the sample space of references, how many Wilson + Boulder systems have you heard fit this description? Could there be factors in the room and the rest of the system including cabling that affected that?

Reactions: bryans

gadawg58

Apr 7, 2018
Anyone understand why this is the case? Boulder is a "science-first" company, so someone must have a rational explanation
I don’t agree this is the case at all … the 2110/2150 combo sounds amazing on many speakers including Wilsons. I’ve heard that combo many times and is something I’d consider for an end game as that combo makes some of the best sound I’ve heard on Wilsons. So while I’m fine with that being your opinion/my opinion is that its not. I’m not sure either opinion IS “the case” .. just our opinions … LOL

Happy listening!

Reactions: bryans

pk_LA

VIP/Donor
Oct 21, 2021
That's a pretty broad statement to make. What is the sample space of references, how many Wilson + Boulder systems have you heard fit this description? Could there be factors in the room and the rest of the system including cabling that affected that?
don't take the bait

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I don’t think Boulder is as posted. from what I have heard of the new models it’s as you connect to the chain
also no amp sounds the same on all speakers imp have effects on this.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing